General Electric TG-100 and TG-180?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OldGeezer

Airman 1st Class
Dec 11, 2020
I'm looking for a dimensioned drawing or photo of GE's TG-100 and TG-180 engines but so far I'm having no luck. I've found the dimensions in a table but it's not clear exactly what points the dimensions are taken from. An inboard profile of XP-81 or XF2R showing the engine in the aircraft from a true side view that I could measure from would be great too. Thanks!

This website might help with the TG-180: "Post-war Engines | Glenn Research Center | NASA"

And there is a good side-view photo on the internet of the TG-100 in the form it was used in the XP-81

TG-100 engine.jpg
:

This website might help with the TG-180: "Post-war Engines | Glenn Research Center | NASA"

And there is a good side-view photo on the internet of the TG-100 in the form it was used in the XP-81

View attachment 753118:
That's the one I'm working from but I'd like to see dimensions and exactly where they're taken from/to. Sometimes they include stick-out bits like the prop mount up front and the exhaust nozzle in back, sometimes they just include the guts since the stick-out bits could vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back