Hector Field

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SamuelK

Airman
Feb 21, 2022
Fargo, ND, USA
Hi all,

Here are some photos taken during World War II of aircraft based/passing through Hector Field during World War II. Hector Field was basically used as a stopping point prior to aircraft going in to Canada, and also was a stop for other lend-lease aircraft going to the Soviet Union (note the P-63s). Hope you enjoy!

Sabin 12 044.jpeg
Sabin 12 038.jpeg

Stearmans outbound to Canada. Looks a bit windy in the first photo!

Sabin 12 042.jpeg

Soviet P-63s cover the ramp - I can't make out any serial numbers but it seems that there is a couple Avro Ansons in the background but hard to tell. If anyone has any ideas let me know!

Sabin 12 014.jpeg

A P-39 coming in for a landing with other 39s in the background. All of the serial numbers that I was able to read off headed to the Soviet Union later on in the war.

Sabin 12 037.jpeg

A Harvard in front of the Passenger Terminal which has since been replaced. I am currently working with the Fargo Air Museum in their archiving inventory and getting some more photos digitized. I will hopefully have more to share soon!

Sabin 12 009.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back