Ju-88A-4 cruising speed and altitude

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

greybeard

Airman 1st Class
Oct 25, 2011
Does anyone know the cruising speed and the relative altitude of the Junkers Ju 88A-4? Could you post here, please, possibly with relevant source? I can't find these data anywhere!

Thanks,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I'm unable to clearly detect the required data inside the table you posted at the given link; I can only see a "Mean True Airspeed" at max continuous power, at three different altitudes. Are those intended as possible operational cruising speed and altitudes?

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I'm unable to clearly detect the required data inside the table you posted at the given link; I can only see a "Mean True Airspeed" at max continuous power, at three different altitudes. Are those intended as possible operational cruising speed and altitudes?

Seems like it was intended to cruise on max continuous power. The mixture was supposed to be set at 'Arm' (= 'weak', or 'lean') to help with fuel consumption; the Allied V12 engines used 'rich' mixture on max cont power.
There was also the 'Reiseleistung' (cruise power setting) available, 2100 rpm, about 10% less specific consumption and ~10% less power above 3 km.

FWIW:

LDv2088A4 Ju88 Baumuster Fl_08.jpg

chart jumo 2111f.jpg

The Heinkel 111 H-4 charts in the old thread are interesting. Have you come across a 'regular' early Heinkel chart in the intervening years?

ie: no external racks.

The Heinkel 111 H-4 charts in the old thread are interesting. Have you come across a 'regular' early Heinkel chart in the intervening years?

ie: no external racks.

No, He 111 was rarely in focus of my research. I'd try to see what data there is in the different manuals found on the 'net'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back