Koster 1/48th scale B-24 turret kit.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
The Koster kit is apparently out of production, and as rare as rocking horse sh*t, and a similar product, from another source, to correct the turrets in the Monogram kit (can't remember the manufacturer) seems to have disappeared from web-searches.
Does anyone have the Koster conversion kit and willing to sell / exchange or whatever, or know of one available anywhere?
I only really need the turret glazing parts, as the "internals" and the Ford nose section I can sort myself.

Thanks Don.
I've left a message for him on FB, but no response yet. It's really only the clear parts I need, as I can build the rest.
The pics I saw that Glenn posted didn't show the clear parts very well, but from what I saw, they didn't look that good, so if you have better pics that would be helpful.

Thanks Don.
I've left a message for him on FB, but no response yet. It's really only the clear parts I need, as I can build the rest.
The pics I saw that Glenn posted didn't show the clear parts very well, but from what I saw, they didn't look that good, so if you have better pics that would be helpful.
They aren't all that good, I've purchased a couple things from him and can't say anything good about his customer experience or his product but that's not nice and my momma said……

Thanks again Don. Maybe I'll just stick with the kit turrets, although there's a possibility I could mould the main clear parts myself, and then add the external frames and "shapes" - we'll see.

IMG_3996.jpeg
IMG_3997.jpeg
IMG_3998.jpeg
IMG_3999.jpeg
IMG_4001.jpeg
IMG_4003.jpeg
IMG_4004.jpeg
IMG_4005.jpeg
IMG_4006.jpeg
Here is his XP-47H, no instructions at all. When I asked him about instruction's on the b-24 set, his reply was it doesn't need instruction, any modeler should be able to figure it out. No instructions in the P-47 either. Here are some of the P-47H.

He leaves post about the only complaints he gets are from people who don't know anything about working with resins and have warping and don't know to heat it up, etc…. So yea, can't say as I would recommend dealing with him.

Thanks Don.
Still haven't had a response, after three days, and the parts don't look that good, so maybe I'll give it a miss.
As the finished model is intended for museum display, close-up viewing of the kit turrets won't be possible so, if I'm careful, I can maybe minimise the appearance of the joints in the clear parts.

IMG_4015.jpeg
IMG_4016.jpeg
IMG_4017.jpeg
IMG_4018.jpeg
IMG_4019.jpeg
Yeah I shared the full size pictures with Terry via PM but here are the sized down pictures of the turret. Again no instructions and with the comments when asked, it should be self explanatory to an experienced modeler!

In a lot of ways his resin parts remind me of resin sets from the 90s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back