Need Some Swiss Bf 109G-6 Color Help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Brett G

Airman
Dec 14, 2016
Howdy!
I am getting ready to build the Tamiya 1/48 Bf 109G-6, kit 61117 and I want to paint do it in Swiss markings. I already have a decal set for it, but need some help figuring out what colors to use for the upper surfaces.
The aircraft I am doing is marked J-704. Apparently, this aircraft had an experimental camo scheme applied by the Swiss. It is a green and brown(ish) scheme, but the decal set doesn't indicate what colors they were. All of the photos I can find are of the original German scheme, pre-accident.
So, does anyone here know what colors were used?
Thanks a bunch in advance.
Brett G

Last edited:
Do you mean the scheme of the camouflage below ? If you do, these seem to be more or less close to the German RLM71 and 79 and tops and RLM76 or 65 for undersides. You may use the Gunze equivalents for the colours. As memo serves the colours were mixed by Swiss themself as they didn't use the orginal RLM paints. Well .... perhaps something like that ....

Swiss Bf-109_mixes_a.jpg

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G6-SAF-Flieger-Reg-2-FlSt7-J-704-Stkz-RQ+BI-WNr-163245-Switzerland-10th-Se...jpg

the source: Messerschmitt Bf 109G6 SAF Flieger Reg 2 FlSt7 J 704 Stkz RQ+BI WNr 163245 Switzerland 10th Sep 1944 01

Howdy!
I am getting ready to build the Tamiya 1/48 Bf 109G-6, kit 61117 and I want to paint do it in Swiss markings. I already have a decal set for it, but need some help figuring out what colors to use for the upper surfaces.
The aircraft I am doing is marked J-704. Apparently, this aircraft had an experimental camo scheme applied by the Swiss. It is a green and brown(ish) scheme, but the decal set doesn't indicate what colors they were. All of the photos I can find are of the original German scheme, pre-accident.
So, does anyone here know what colors were used?
Thanks a bunch in advance.
Brett G
google Swiss Air Force bf109G6 and click on images.

Attachments

• bfc044-grafika.png
    bfc044-grafika.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 46
  • messerschmitt_bf_109_g6_assembled_189-25017_big.jpg
    messerschmitt_bf_109_g6_assembled_189-25017_big.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 44
I did that and got lots of swell photos, but none indicating what colors (i.e., RLM numbers) for the scheme I'm doing.
Thanks.

Yes indeed, Wurger... and very helpful! I should be getting the colors in today or tomorrow.

And while I'm at it, thanks to all for the helpful replies to my question.
I truly appreciate it. Keep an eye peeled in the future for some photos and updates.

To everyone who answered, thanks a bunch. All of this info was very helpful.

Now, off to the project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back