Plane crashes, Italy, Lago di Bolsena

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

siggi27

Recruit
Mar 3, 2022
wonderful good day to everyone I come from Germany, am 60 years old and am looking for the crashed planes of the Second World War in Italy in Lago de Bolsena. According to conversations with eyewitnesses, there are between 4-6 planes in the lake. The lake has a depth of 156 m A US bomber has already been spotted at a depth of 91 m. Parts have already been recovered in fantastic condition. Who can give me more information about events and crashes into the lake? We want to scan Lake Boden from April, I would be grateful for any information.

many thanks for the support. There are supposedly two US planes and three German ones. A B17. Ju 88. Me 190 This is the information I have so far.

Sun Picture

Attachments

• IMG_3662.png
    IMG_3662.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3658.jpeg
    IMG_3658.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3657.jpeg
    IMG_3657.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 22
many thanks for the support. There are supposedly two US planes and three German ones. A B17. Ju 88. Me 190 This is the information I have so far.
Hi all, I am looking for a SAAF B-24 Liberator that went missing on 12/13 October 1944, there was some thought that it may be in Lake Bolsano.

Hi all, I am looking for a SAAF B-24 Liberator that went missing on 12/13 October 1944, there was some thought that it may be in Lake Bolsano.

wonderful good day, thank you very much for the answer. There are a lot of planes in the lake here. It's almost an airplane graveyard. I think it's because the landscape around here is very hilly. The planes used this place as an emergency landing site because the lake is very large and there was a good opportunity to land here if there was damage or an emergency. I spoke to an old man yesterday who told me about one again Plane where he saw as a child. But this man is already over 90 years old. Getting information is difficult. Maybe there's something else here. I'll inquire about your plane here. I am here at the moment.

What should also be mentioned is that the pictures that are available of the aircraft are of very good quality. So the planes are not as destroyed as if they were in salt water. the lake is a volcanic lake and very clean. I can't say why they are so well preserved or why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful good evening, an update here. We have received another report about an aircraft that is said to be in the lake, an ME 410. The date of the crash is April 18, 1944. Two crew members are said to have died and drowned. We also have the names Heinz Nau and Hugo Potthoff. Can anyone here give us any information? regarding the type of aircraft or the crew.

Wonderful good evening, an update here. We have received another report about an aircraft that is said to be in the lake, an ME 410. The date of the crash is April 18, 1944. Two crew members are said to have died and drowned. We also have the names Heinz Nau and Hugo Potthoff. Can anyone here give us any information? regarding the type of aircraft or the crew.

Me 410A F6+NK 2(F)./122 18 Apr 1944 crashed at Lago di Bolsena. Oblt. Heinz Nau (F) and Ogfr. Hugo Potthof (Bf) killed
Me 410B-3 F6+NK wrknr 170040

1. info Me 410 of 2(F)./122 - Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum
  2. Aufkl. Gr. 122 Apr 1944 - Luftwaffedata Wiki

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back