R.I.P. Roy Cross 1924-2024....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
IMG_20240511_121547.jpg

Sometimes you don't appreciate the impact someone's had on your life until it comes time to collectively ponder. Roy Cross is certainly an example of that. Yes the Lancaster artwork was evocative, but there were so many more. There are the more obvious ones (Sunderland, B-29, He-177, B-17G) but the artwork those that really inspired me were the Dogfight Double series. I guess the MiG-21 and Cessna O-2 was a particular favourite, but so was the Mirage III and MiG-15 box art. Those that are imprinted most? Sturmovik and Beagle Bassett. No idea why.

So yes adios Roy Cross - you will not be forgotten. And thankyou for adding fuel to the flame.

The Lancaster is right up there, as I think that it was the first Airfix kit that I ever built, could also have been the Stirling....
I do however have a bit of a soft spot for the Draken and Viggen boxart, as I am a Swede.
The B-29 and He 177 are some beautiful artwork as well, the Halifax, Hampden, Wellington, B-26 and Do 217 belongs to the list too....

IMG_20240512_144910.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back