RMEAV8R - New user

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RMEAV8R

Recruit
Jan 1, 2024
Hello to all. Just found this site that was linked from another. I'm RMEAV8R, that's Army Aviator. Retired twice now, first as a Master Army Aviator, 26+ years, rotor wing and fixed wing. Most recently as an aged out airline pilot. I'm looking forward to diving in on a subject that I love!
Cheers

Hello to all. Just found this site that was linked from another. I'm RMEAV8R, that's Army Aviator. Retired twice now, first as a Master Army Aviator, 26+ years, rotor wing and fixed wing. Most recently as an aged out airline pilot. I'm looking forward to diving in on a subject that I love!
Cheers

Welcome.

Where all were you stationed? I was a 60 crew chief stationed over in Germany.

Welcome.

Where all were you stationed? I was a 60 crew chief stationed over in Germany.
Where in Germany? I'm sure I've been there.
Me, 1981-2007 - Started as 11B then flight school, off to 101st Ft. Campbell, attack helicopter Battalion. Then Bad Kreuznach then Mainz Finthen Germany with the 8th ID till 92. I was a Scout Pilot flying OH-58's, flew all over Germany. Every Army Airfield, training site and way too much time at Grafenwoehr and Hohenfels! Left Germany for FW (MI assignment FL & Central America), back to Germany at Stuttgart with EUCOM HQ, 94-98. Lots of time in Bosnia and Sarajevo. Flew C-12, C-21 and UH-1. Left again for 2 years rotor wing at Rucker then back to Heidelberg Germany flying UC-35 for USAREUR HQ. Lots of time down range supporting CENTCOM till 03. Stateside at Rucker till I retired in 07.

Where in Germany? I'm sure I've been there.
Me, 1981-2007 - Started as 11B then flight school, off to 101st Ft. Campbell, attack helicopter Battalion. Then Bad Kreuznach then Mainz Finthen Germany with the 8th ID till 92. I was a Scout Pilot flying OH-58's, flew all over Germany. Every Army Airfield, training site and way too much time at Grafenwoehr and Hohenfels! Left Germany for FW (MI assignment FL & Central America), back to Germany at Stuttgart with EUCOM HQ, 94-98. Lots of time in Bosnia and Sarajevo. Flew C-12, C-21 and UH-1. Left again for 2 years rotor wing at Rucker then back to Heidelberg Germany flying UC-35 for USAREUR HQ. Lots of time down range supporting CENTCOM till 03. Stateside at Rucker till I retired in 07.

I was stationed out of Ansbach from 2000 to 2006, when I was on active duty, but did tours to Kosovo and Iraq. Flew a lot to Hohenfels and Graf as well. Stayed in Ansbach as a civilian until 2012.

When I was a dependent we were in Bad Kreuznach (I was born there) from 1980-1983 and Stuttgart from 1985 to 1999. My dad was a UH-1 guy in both locations.

In fact I am in Stuttgart right now, visiting family. At the airport now though, flying back to the US today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back