The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We're fine where I am, no flooding but a couple of "minor " twisters on taking out the Firestone shop and one up north. Rains a bit yesterday but up north and north east of us, man that's BAD up Conroe and Kingwood and north. Flooded bad!
For those from not around here, the Houston Galveston region is basically a pool table that is below sea level. The rivers run from across the state to Houston and drain into the Gulf of Mexico. We missed the flood. The San Jacinto river splits and flows east of us about 30 minutes and west of us. I'm dry but 10 minutes away is flooded in both directions. Our house floods from heavy rain and not overflowing river. No way I will live by the rivers or many bayous around here. Area flooding is as common as the strip clubs. Now the rain stoped, the temperature is in the 90s and it now a sauna. The rivers has crested and soon the clean up will start. Just glad there is no tornadoes like the Midwest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back