2014 Foto Fest

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

While this fella isn't WWII his older brother and a few more relatives were.

F-1003.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Great images George. :thumbright:

But I would like to pay attention to that it is Jeff's thread and we shouldn't hi-jack it. If you have more of these cool pictures please create your own one we could enjoy.

sorry about dumping pics here Jeff!

No problemo George. You have some really neat stuff from the west coast....birds I have never seen in person.

Mitchell1.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Note: Hey all you model builders....check out the oil smears on the lower part of the leading edge of the tail. I never would have thought to include that if I were detailing some wear and tear.

Last edited:
IMG_0069.jpg

Back in 2008 the CWH flew their Lancaster FM213 down to Windsor Ontario and here she met up with her sister ship FM212 which is being restored by the Canadian Historical Aircraft Association. This picture shows the two together again in line of order of construction with 212 leading the way.

Here are a couple more shots of 212 or Bad Penny as she is named.

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0007-1.gif

I have not been back to Windsor since these pics were taken but I know some progress has been made in this ongoing, to taxi-ing condition restoration. The CHAA is also restoring a Mossie. Big big ambitions for a fairly small group.

More on the CHAA here...

Canadian Historical Aircraft Association, CH2A, Lancaster FM212

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back