AirVenture (Oshkosh) 2014

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
Paul usually starts one of these and it's a couple of weeks past, but here are some of the highlights from the week of Oshkosh. I know you took a few, Paul, so let's see some of yours as well, and anyone else who was there.

Temco TT-1 Super Pinto
EVG_4300.jpg

Scott Yoak's P-51 D Mustang "Quick Silver"
EVG_4608b.jpg

USAF Thunderbirds
EVG_6015.jpg

Korean War jets
EVG_4262.jpg

A-1 Skyraiders in for the kill
EVG_6835.jpg

Fairey Gannett arrival
EVG_2636.jpg

Geico Skytypers
EVG_5284.jpg

Something for the helo fans
EVG_6996.jpg

MV-22 Osprey
EVG_4915.jpg

Thanks guys. There were some gorgeous aircraft there. Some of the vintage stuff looked factory new. I even took a helicopter ride for the first time in a LONG time.

GeeBee QED replica, like the original, but a two seat and much larger.
EVG_6637.jpg

Skip Stewart and Melissa Pemberton doing an act called "Tinstix"
EVG_7992.jpg

USAF and Canadian T-33
EVG_4291.jpg

Even seeing it with my own eyes, it was tough to fathom 10,000+ airplanes there
EVG_4479.jpg

A6M2 Model 21
EVG_7451.jpg

A-37 Dragonfly
EVG_7099.jpg

FLS Microjet, an updated BD-5J
EVG_0740.jpg

When your ears and your eyes don't match up, a turbine powered Mustang replica!
EVG_1814.jpg

DSC_0103.JPG
DSC_0120.JPG
DSC_0143.JPG
DSC_0158.JPG
DSC_0162.JPG
DSC_0173.JPG
DSC_0192.JPG
Few more, as I said trying to learn a new camera so sorry some may be a little off :(

Last edited:
You did fine with the new camera, Paul. I even caught you using it. ;)

LOL I didn't even know you took that one :) Still going through photos, I have around 500 to 600 to go through which I know didn't even touch your number LOL

Just wished they would have put all three of those P-38's in the air at once. That would have been a treat.

DHC-4 Caribou
EVG_1593.jpg

After the rains on Tuesday, a rainbow over the office on the field.
DSC_3928.jpg

Saturday's crowds
EVG_4936.jpg

Melissa Pemberton cutting the ribbon
EVG_0210.jpg

One feckin' gorgeous Cessna 140
EVG_0783.jpg

US Coast Guard rescue demo
EVG_4737.jpg

NASA WB-57
EVG_2012.jpg

Mike Wiskus racing Bill Braack in the jetcar
EVG_7360.jpg

Yeah, I had over 16,000 photos! But I was there from Sunday through Saturday, every day. And every day it was easily 12 hours or more per day on the field for me. While I enjoyed the Thunderbirds, I think that took away some of the warbird programs. I would have loved to see the Gannett fly more than one pass, and three P-38s would have been awesome. It would have been good to see the B-24 up with the B-17 too.

Don't ask me why but last couple of years seemed better then this year. Then again supposedly they announced that Doc will make an appearance next year and they are hoping to get Fifi there as well. That would be a site.

I have heard that from more than a few people. The crowd line change for the Thunderbirds definitely created some confusion and screwed things up for the media. But they said the Saturday and Sunday crowds were the best they had been in years, and up 20% from last year for those 2 days. The rains screwed up a couple of days for sure, but the camp sites and aircraft parking were full by mid week. Maybe they were missing some of the Poberezny magic. He certainly got a lot of tributes this year.

The loss of a couple of aircraft over the course of the week didn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back