Flying Legends Duxford 2008 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hows the weather shaping up for the show I hope its good for you
guys

Geneseo is looking really good for me next week with claer and 80

Well Roman, you have a good supportive wife. My wife wouldn't be too happy with me going to England while leaving her here. She and I both want to return to England someday. She toured there as a teenager. I lived there for 3 years while in the USAF. Obviously, we want to see different things while we are there, so it will be interesting when we eventually do get there.

Well Roman, you have a good supportive wife. My wife wouldn't be too happy with me going to England while leaving her here. She and I both want to return to England someday. She toured there as a teenager. I lived there for 3 years while in the USAF. Obviously, we want to see different things while we are there, so it will be interesting when we eventually do get there.

I´d like to take her there as well but we have 7 months old daughter...

I´d like to take here there as well but we have 7 months old daughter...

My daughters 33 Roman and still needs helping out now and then (fortunately she's past the nappy stage :cry:) her old car was a wreak so we just let her have the wifes sport coupe for a fraction of the price it was worth and she can pay us back when she wants to. As for air shows my missus hates planes said if you're going there I'm off to Hampton court Flower show she's got and invitation to a Royal garden party at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday. Since she retired she's always going off to different functions and I thought I was doing well camping for three days and doing FL:rolleyes:

I fancy doing the States again I love small town USA but a short detour to Chino would'nt be too shabby :) How to distract the wife is the problem.

I went to the doctors and ask him if he could let me have some sleeping pills for the wife.
He said why?
I said, she keeps waking up.

(I'm dead)

I'm going to Fairford on Friday ( Park View enclosure ) as I cant make the full display this year, Friday is practice day. There will be a 2 hour Quiet gap , as HM the Queen presents new Colours to the RAF Regiment. Plus a 30 mile long 10 minuit flypast. Taking my Camera hope it does'nt rain!!!!

Hi there,

Just to say to the person thinking of attending this year's 'Flying Legends' air display at Duxford, it's probably the best show you can go to. I went to last year's show and it's fantastic. I uploaded a lot of photos if you want to see what it was like:

Duxford Flying Legends 2007

It really is great value for money.

John

Thank you John!
Just can´t wait to be there, leaving tomorrow!!!

I'm going to Fairford on Friday ( Park View enclosure ) as I cant make the full display this year, Friday is practice day. There will be a 2 hour Quiet gap , as HM the Queen presents new Colours to the RAF Regiment. Plus a 30 mile long 10 minuit flypast. Taking my Camera hope it does'nt rain!!!!

Unfortunately last forecast speaks about heavy showers on Fri and Sat and light showers on Sun...but we gotta feel we´re in England:lol:

Well here I am at Luton airport waiting for Seesul and his crew to arrive Sunday is looking a bit better for fair weather its sunny here at the moment but it will rain later hey ho. got buzzed by a pair of P51's on the way here.

To all those that are going tomorrow I wish you luck with the weather which is light showers, which in UK terms means that you might get lucky.
The forcast for today was Heavy showers and its been dry so far but getting a little dark.
At least one B17 should be flying tomorrow, assuming the one that just flew over my house is still operational.

Can anyone confirm the dates for the 2009 Flying Ledgends Airshow. Cannot see anytihng on the website. Is it always the second weekend in July??? Am planning a 6 week holiday sometime in July in England parts of Europe and while I am there I don't want to miss it. Want to arrange flights and plan my holiday around that date. Also are there any other airshows around that time in the UK and maybe Europe???
Thanks in advance for any help.
PS: Ideas for accomodation etc..would be be helpful....also things for the wife to see while I am at the show...she cannot stand planes, but she is very understanding

Super stuff Herman
Dropped Seesul off at the airport about 3 hours ago so he should be airborne by now.
I have not had time to start going through many pictures but heres a couple for now.
Dispite some cloudy weather and rain showers attendance on both days was good although today saw a bigger crowd than Saturday.
Visability was very good but the cloud base on Saturday came down to 2000ft at one point so restricted some manouvers however today it was at 4-5000ft so a full display could take place.

Attachments

• Crowds.jpg
    Crowds.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 92
  • G birds 2.jpg
    G birds 2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 95
  • G birds 3.jpg
    G birds 3.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 90
  • P40 1.jpg
    P40 1.jpg