Revolver Cannon Design

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Broncazonk

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
Does anyone have a link to pictures and description of a revolver cannon?

I'm not talking a Gatling cannon, a revolver cannon.

Thanks!!

Bronc

Here a squematic of the Mauser MG 213 wich is the "father" of all the aircraft revolver cannons. The gun used a part of the gasses to move a slide back and forward for managing the extraction and introduction in the chamber of cartrigde cases. It fires ellectrically.

To say it in short terms : it combined the action of a revolver with one of a semiauto pistol.

bk3jp7.jpg

The french DEFAs, the US Pontiac M39 and the british ADEN family are all "modern" variants of the german gun.

Actually no.

Two major differences.
1. the Gatling gun and decedents use a bolt, extractor and firing pin for every barrel.
2.the Gatling gun and decedents were in continuous rotation, they didn't start and stop the rotation.

That's a great schematic. Thanks for posting! So, how were the links ejected from the cannon feed mechanism? Does anyone have any drawings showing how they are ejected for the MG 213 and later version Aden and DEFA 30mm cannon? Thanks.

Hi,

In my searching i found a nice GIF for a very simple illustration of the way a revolver cannon cycles.

original is from this site:
Messerschmitt Me 264 | jetcero

View attachment 217211

Regards,

Rover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back