65th Anniversary of the D Day landings (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7nmlAqWHow

:salute:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpdcBHemwhQ

My favorite music in HOI 2, it sounds epic

This is for those who fought on that historic day.

Geedee, my hope is also for media to concentrate on those who fought, and not on those who take all the glory for other peoples work or duty, but alas this is a world of politics.

That is why we, ordinary people, remember all those brave soldiers, men and women who gave their lives for freedom from the NAZIs.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
To some of the bravest men that ever walked or ran into battle, my deepest thoughts of gratitude for ur Valor.....

25122.gif

I cant even begin to comprehend the bravery of these men. So much respect and gratitude for your efforts and courage.

We will never forget you!

My mom had a second cousin killed during the first wave. From what I understand he never made it to the shore - 22 years old.

I always have felt that Capa's soldier in the surf shot was actually enhanced by the faults in the proccessing it added a sense of urgency in that moment.
I spoke at Southend air show just a couple of weeks ago to two D-Day vets one a matlot on a LST the other a squaddie both saw action on Sword beach the sailor told me how on the build up to D-day he was sent to the states to ferry his LST across the pond in convoy with 10 others each piggy backing a LCT as deck cargo half way over they hit a storm and being flat bottomed and not good sea craft two of his convoy capsized with the loss of all hands. The vet soldier said that his landing was rough but it got much rougher when they moved inland and he got involved a little later in the Bocage fighting most of his mates died withing 3 weeks of landing in France. They both said that this was probably going to be their last visit so I gave them my dads combined ops badge to leave on the beach.

The old vets may slowly die off but I think their stories of that time will live on through their children and grand children for a long time to come.
images such as those of Frank Capa remain even after 65 years a very potant symbol of that day

To all thoses gentlemen special those who never came home we owe a very big debt.

That's a shame that Polish combatants haven't been invited to participate in the anniversary. Really shame.:(

To all for who that day was the longest one. :salute:

'Then shall he strip his sleeve, and show his scars'. In memory of all those who fell this day, and the days following, in order that we can share friendship across the globe , here, on this forum, and elsewhere. Lest we forget.

I forget Wurger, were the Polish airborne involved on D-day? I know they were in Market Garden.

You are correct. the Polish airborne participated in Market Garden.But The in the D-day were involved the Polish Air Force, the Polish Navy and the 1st Polish Armour Division of Gen Maczek.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back