Your favorite AFVs: what the designers got wrong? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

...With supplies running low I would rather have say 4 Hetzers or Marder III's then 1 King Tiger. It would mean a change of fighting tactics, but by then the war was defensive and tactics were changing. The Nashorn was a capable tank killer at extreme ranges. It had the same firepower as the Jadgpanther. But only 1/2 the weight and protection. On defence I'd go with 2 Nashorns over one Jagdpanther. But if I were going to attack I'd lean the other way!!
The Stug III would the best choice as it was one of the cheapest to manufacture cost and material-wise plus took less time to produce than most other German armor. It was a proven performer and exacted quite a toll on Allied armor and infantry during it's career.

Char B (France)
1085186_10201788349449277_1223616316_o.jpg

One of the heaviest armoured armed early tanks of WW2 there, the 'Suoma'(?), and the last of the over around the hull tracked tanks - reminds me of the GW models of a Imperial Guard 'Chimera' or 'Leman Russ'.

Rolling Fortress and as flexible as the Maginot line.
Dangerous if you come too close head-on but easily outmaneuvered. Not easy to penetrate unless you get a clear shot at the rear from close range or an 8.8 is rushed to the frontline.

One of the heaviest armoured armed early tanks of WW2 there, the 'Suoma'(?), and the last of the over around the hull tracked tanks - reminds me of the GW models of a Imperial Guard 'Chimera' or 'Leman Russ'.

Somua S35 was a different tank, maybe best French tank in 1940, a cavalry tank with 47mm gun in a small turret, well protected and fairly fast.

How about Churchill tank, it also had the over and around tracks.

Juha

here's a question for you, Which do you like better the M-7 priest with the 105mm How. or the Wespe with the 105mm How. I know the M-7 is heavier and carries a few extra rounds. But the wespe takes less material to build and is likely cheaper. Let me know what you think!

I like the Priest just because of the goofy idea of an spg having a pulpit with an M2 mounted on it.

That was very well put!! I guess it was to help those see the light and the error of their ways!! hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back