German AFV Pictures. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CharlesBronson said:
Flakpanzer Whirbelwind, by the way Adler what does Whirbelwind means..?

Wirbelwind means Whirlwind but it can also be another word for Wirbelsturm which means Tornado or Cyclone. I am sure the latter 2 is what they meant by the name rather than Whirlwind.

I don't know, Adler, with the movement of the Wirbelwind - the odds are it does actually mean Whirlwind. I've always understood it as meaning Whirlwind anyway.

Attachments

• tiger_28_149.jpg
    tiger_28_149.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 276
DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
CharlesBronson said:
Flakpanzer Whirbelwind, by the way Adler what does Whirbelwind means..?

Wirbelwind means Whirlwind but it can also be another word for Wirbelsturm which means Tornado or Cyclone. I am sure the latter 2 is what they meant by the name rather than Whirlwind.

Fine...Thanks.

tigre8st.jpg

1: Japanese Officers trying out the Tiger. Must have been quite an eyeopening experience for them, compared to driving their own Type 97's. (I can just imagine their faces when they first saw the tank :shocked!: ) ;)

2: Pzkpfw IV Ausf.H

Attachments

• 12thsstank_155.jpg
    12thsstank_155.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 234
  • japanese_trying_out_tiger_e_574.jpg
    japanese_trying_out_tiger_e_574.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 242
The Tiger Ausf.B during its testing phase.

Attachments

• porsche_b_398.jpg
    porsche_b_398.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 240
  • konigstiger34_676.jpg
    konigstiger34_676.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 232
  • firing_tests_175.jpg
    firing_tests_175.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 235
  • koenigstiger_07_130.jpg
    koenigstiger_07_130.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 229
More interesting pictures of the Tiger Ausf.B. You can actually see them opening fire on some of these pictures.

Tiger Ausf.B's on the firing range. During these practise firings, crews would on average manage to hit a 2.5x2.5m target at 2km distance with 85% of the rounds fired. (It was a different deal in actual combat of-cause)

Attachments

• koenigstiger_21_138.jpg
    koenigstiger_21_138.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 197
  • testshooting__988.jpg
    testshooting__988.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 213
  • tigers_at_the_firing_range_889.jpg
    tigers_at_the_firing_range_889.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 216
  • tigers_105.jpg
    tigers_105.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 216
  • tiger_b_exercise_444.jpg
    tiger_b_exercise_444.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 219
  • tigerii_26_212.jpg
    tigerii_26_212.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 209
  • royal_tiger_exercise_211.jpg
    royal_tiger_exercise_211.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 201
I was reading a military report about the Battle of the Bulge and it was talking about the German tanks v. the American tanks. Quite interesting report. Unfortunatly one of the Officers here took it home with him today, so I can not post it.

It was actually a binder with many reports, that is used for training for the Command on what not to do and what to do. Interesting that this stuff is still studied by Tacticians today.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
I was reading a military report about the Battle of the Bulge and it was talking about the German tanks v. the American tanks. Quite interesting report. Unfortunatly one of the Officers here took it home with him today, so I can not post it.

Can't you ask him if you can borrow it for a while ? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back