German AFV Pictures. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

2 Sd.Kfz 9 Famo towing disabled Tiger 1 of the S.Pz.Abt 503..

tigertunezfk9.jpg

Good recovery photo that one. Didn't think a 2 Sd.Kfz 9 Famo would be able to tow a tiger along, although it looks like there is two famos towing the tiger. It is hard to tell whether the front halftrack is linked to the famo from the photo...

Two could easily pull it, however it would atleast take four if the Tiger got bugged down.

A pzkpfw. IV Ausf.G with wide winter tracks on the eastern front:

Attachments

• Panzer IV ausf.G wide tracks.JPG
    Panzer IV ausf.G wide tracks.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 105
Interesting photo. Would that Pzkpfw. IV Ausf G have been prone to losing its tracks on any obstacles? It looks like an obstacle could hook in between the track and the driving wheels easily.

This is a link to Christian Ankerstjerne pages

If memory serves, he is trying to document EVERY Tiger ever produced..

Germany's World War II vehicles

To my knowledge their is no German AFV that he is not familiar with..

He is more than willing to discuss German Tanks -ad infinitum

Concept of Panzerworld
My purpose of Panzerworld is to provide accurate and detailed information about the German Panzertruppe of World War II. There are many websites which gives the same basic technical details, with little or no additional information. Likewise, most websites, using books which have been outdated for decades, have so many errors, that using them for any kind of reference would be rediculous. This gives the Internet a bad name, which is unfortunate, as it is a great way to share information.

On another note, the Allies really didn't have anything in service that could go against the German Tiger in a one on one battle and stand even a remote chance of surviving. The M26 Pershing could but it was hardly available in numbers and I think only one of them actually saw combat...

Heh..

Well, the 14 inch guns on the battleship Texas got at least one of them..

Someplace there are photos of one on its back, prone, near Caen.

joking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back