Help and Advice Needed

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

imalko

Chief Master Sergeant
Mar 2, 2009
Vojvodina, Serbia
I hope this is the right place for this kind of thing....

I have recently rediscovered two family artefacts (I don't know how else to call them), which I inherited some time ago and which are related to World War Two. I hope some of you gentleman will be able to help me with this...

First is a photograph of my great grandfather's brother (from my mother's side) of himself and his friend in German uniforms, which he send to his family. This ancestor of mine who served in Wehrmacht never returned home and remained missing, presumably somewhere on the Eastern front. Any relatives who could tell me more about him had passed away long ago. I have only one clue about this photo - it was send from Feldpost No 63051 C.

The other is a letter send to my grandfather (from my father's side of family) from his friend, who also served in Wehrmacht. This letter was send in 1943 from Feldpost No 09113 C.

Is there any way to find out from where this photo and letter were actually send? What was the name of the place or unit designated Feldpost No 63051C and where was Feldpost No 09113C located? Can someone offer some advice regarding this matter?

Thanks!

Hello Yerger,

Then maybe you could help me? Check out this thread: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/ww2-general/help-advice-needed-17900.html

If you have any information regarding the question asked there that would be most helpful and very much appreciated.

Cheers!

By the way... Hesekiel, that are some very nice pictures indeed. Thanks for sharing.

09113 was the number assigned to the battalion staff and the 5th through 8th Companies of the Army's Grenadier Regiment 383. Letters were progressive from staff down, so the "C" denoted the 6th Company of the unit. Location was only given for a Feldpost (and not always) if something that did not move, like a training area or non-moving area HQ away from the front lines (normally in Germany). Operational units moved constantly so the location data would be outdated before the FP list would be printed.

Will add the other when I find it

(25.11.1944-8.5.1945) 19.12.1944 12. Minensuch-Flottille M 804.

In the dates shown was the number for the Navy's 12th Minesweeping flotilla, ship M 804.

FP numbers changed as various times for general security, as well as units lost, changed, etc. If the material is earlier could be for a complete different unit/area

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back