Michael Wittman, Germany's Best Tank Commander.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's A nice picture of the famous Tiger...

Attachments

• tiger_20_189.jpg
    tiger_20_189.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 909
And what the hell, here's another of the mighty Tiger rolling past a knocked out T-34 (You can tell it's a T-34 by the 'Mickey Mouse' ears, the crew has obviously bailed)

Attachments

• tiger_17_174.jpg
    tiger_17_174.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 928
That is not a T-34 :!:

It is clearly a Russian BT 7 recce viechle !

:lol: No it's not. It's turret is too big, and too rounded. It's a T-34 Model 1942 or beyond.

pol-t-34.jpg

Look at the 'Mickey Mouse Ears' in this picture of a T-34. It is quite clearly a T-34. And the BT-7 was not a Recce Vehicle, it was a Fast Tank.

The BT series tanks did not have the same turret hatches, it's hatches were much smaller. And the BT-7 was the only one with two, still the turret is too big to be a BT tank. The T-34 turret covered the top, side to side...the BT turret, on any variant, did not.

:lol: :lol:

As a matter of fact I 'know' that its a BT 7 ;) So there's no need for laughing.

You should be able to see that from looking at its scale compared to the Tiger :!: And also when looking at the welded-toghether top hatches !

There's no doubt that its a BT 7 :!:

Attachments

• bt-7_1mk_187.jpg
    bt-7_1mk_187.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 872
No, you don't know. The Tiger dwarfed the T-34, and the turret on the BT-7 never covered the entire upper hull. Like that in the picture.

Haha !! :D

I see you need a little more inpiration !

Look closely at your picture, look at the rear end of the 'Object' besides the Tiger. Then look at this picture:

Attachments

• bt7_rear_143.jpg
    bt7_rear_143.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 813
It still looks more like a T-34 rear-end. Plus, the BT-7 seems to have three folds on it's rear end. The one in the picture has two.

It still looks more like a T-34 rear-end.

Come on !! you can't be serius !! :shock:

Plus, the BT-7 seems to have three folds on it's rear end. The one in the picture has two.

The BT 7 has two 'folds', the third you think you can see is the exhaust pipe :!:

Also where are the back exhausts on the 'Object' wich should be on a T-34's rear end then ?

plan_D said:
You'd have a job on, since the exhaust wasn't underneath the BT-7.

Oh it was the underneath you were talking about ! Well the underneath can't be seen on your pic !! Its too dark !

Also wheres the mufflers that should be there, 'IF' it was a T-34 :?:

The top muffler that the BT 7 has is present !

;)

The tank is quite obviously damaged, so anything could be missing. You can't effectively see the top, and perfect rear of the tank. You can see that there isn't a third plate underneath.

Plan_D look at this:

And now you tell me again that what you see on the pic is a T-34 ,)

If you can't see its BT 7 now then i dont know why ?

Does this look anything like the rear end on your pic ??

Attachments

• img_1920_174.jpg
    img_1920_174.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 804
I don't see any sloped sides on the 'Objects' upper-side-armor, wich the all T-34 variants have :!:

I only see the BT 7's vertical side armor :!:

Also on your pic of the T-34, if you look closely at the urret there's only one whole hatch and one half hatch... :!: ;)

Attachments

• one_whole_and_one_half_hatch_204.jpg
    one_whole_and_one_half_hatch_204.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 777
BT-7

bt7m37.gif

T-34/76

t3476m42.gif

Note the oblong hatches of the BT-7 compared to the oval hatches on the T-34 in the drawings and in the photo.

Looks like you pics didnt work out quite so good ! probably copyrighted.

But yes your right, that is just yet another fact that says it is a BT 7 on the picture, 'NOT' a T-34 :!:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back