Michael Wittman, Germany's Best Tank Commander.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You can't effectively see the 'object' to make a statement about side armour. However, if you show me the caption where it says that, that tank is a BT-7 then I'll admit my mistake. It's quite obvious you've seen the picture with a caption somewhere...so SHOW me it.

What T-34 had oblong turret hatches?

One can also see clearly that the tracks are of narrow width.

tiger_17_174.jpg

(I already know) Just show me the damn caption...jesus christ...people these days don't know evidence. :lol:

No it isn't. Since when? That saying is flawed. I don't need the caption from you. I want it from Soren.

You'll probably find there is, in a book somewhere. I've seen pictures on the internet without captions, but have them in a book I've seen - or own, either way if I own it, I've seen it...quite easy logic really...think about it, might get you somewhere...

The only one not using the gray matter is you.

Soren does not have to supply a caption to prove your mistake for even the blind can see that it is a BT, NOT a T-34. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Plan_D there never was a caption for that photo :!: But anyone that has knowledge on armour can see that its a BT 7 !!

Don't ever rely on captions, as authors so many times get them terribly wrong :!:

Are you stupid, or did I not write that I know it's not a T-34? Must be that you're stupid.

I didn't rely on a caption, at all.

plan_D said:
Are you stupid, or did I not write that I know it's not a T-34? Must be that you're stupid.

I didn't rely on a caption, at all.

Oh we are backing off on our previus opinions now are we ?

You said it was a T-34, and even tried to convince me by showing me pics of T-34's ;)

Do you even know what an opinion is?

Just then, it that last post, right there, in those words I admitted I was wrong. It was a mistake, on my part. I'd advise you now to shut up because any rubbing in will make you look like a prick.

Plus, only GrG can do that...and get away with... :thumbright: Eh, GrG!?! :lol:

plan_D said:
Just then, it that last post, right there, in those words I admitted I was wrong. It was a mistake, on my part. I'd advise you now to shut up because any rubbing in will make you look like a prick.

I will look like a prick ?! :shock: Your the one who continuesly provokes and call people names, not me :!:

Knispel started the war as a gunner and later commanded a tank. Most of his kills as a gunner were achieved with the Panzer IV. He was quite capable of killing the T34 with the short barrel model too.

The best lead from the front commander that Germany had would have to have been Count Hyazinth Strachwitz von Gross-Zauche und Camminetz. Strachwitz fought with his men from 1941 - 45 on the Russian front.

He had a sixth sense when it came to what the enemy was thinking and made them pay most of the time. A commander who leads four tanks into the enemy rear and proceeds to knock out 105 enemy tanks in one hour before driving back to their own lines has no equal. Strachwitz is also my choice as he actually survived the war.

I know that this is an old thread, but there's a documentary airing on the History Channel called 'Battlefield Mysteries' which purports to prove 'conclusively' that Canadian Shermans of the Sherbrooke Fusiliers killed Wittmann, mainly down to the calculated range of 150m - compared with 900 odd metres from the Northamptonshire Yeomanry Firefly, and the claim that the impact to Wittmann's Tiger was from the left/rear.

In reality, I suppose that this will be an argument that will still carry on despite this claim. If it's the case that there were no Typhoon sorties in the area at the time, we can discount an RAF kill.

Personally, (going back to the original post) I can admire Wittmann as an outstanding leader and professional soldier, but I would have to deplore the ideals fought for.

This is the photo mentioned in an earlier post

Attachments

• Wittmann_Tiger_007.jpg
    Wittmann_Tiger_007.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back