Picture of the day. (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sqn Leader Nigel Rose

Rose.jpg

Last edited:
Lee Miller was a hottie; very attractive woman. She was close friends with Pablo Picasso among others and was active in the surrealist art movement before the war. Her war correspondent days saw her in London during the Blitz and in France just after D-Day, including photographic the concentration camps at Dachau - as mentioned already and Buchenwald. I have a book on her work by a former curator colleague of my wife's.

Seen it before somewhere, possibly in one of my books. Nothing particularly unusual about the aircraft itself - the starboard wing appears to have received a replacement, and very weathered, outer section, the port wing tip appears to have been replaced, and the overall look of oil stains, dirt and ground crew foot prints on the wings is about average for the period, for a well-used B-17F.
Great pic though - just hope the strike camera which took it, did so after the bombs had been released !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back