Picture of the day. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Magazines scattered among the rubble of the heavily bombed town of Saint-Lô, Normandy, France, summer 1944

7_5_57028910.jpg

I've always wondered what may have been lost in WWI and WWII. I know that my family has always passed down heirlooms from generation to generation, some items being from way back in old Europe.

So what precious books, artifacts and other things may have been lost forever, that may have had historical significance, in those wars...

I haven't had a chance, though I have read the stories about the real guys.

But those were known artifacts they were after. I am talking about a family perhaps, that has lived in a little house in a little French town since medieval times, that has family heirlooms passed down for countless generations. Or a house in a town in Germany that had a Roman sword that's been passed down for centuries. Things that would be known to the people who lived there, but not to the outside world...so when the bombs fell and the tanks battled, those unknown, but priceless objects were lost to history forever without ever being known.

The one thing that jumps out for me is the total lack of any women on the production line. It wouldn't happen anywhere else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back