Pilots and their Pets

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A few more......

Attachments

• F7.jpg
    F7.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 168
  • german-soldiers-wehrmacht-ww2-second-world-war-amazing-dramatic-incredible-pictures-images-phot.jpeg
    german-soldiers-wehrmacht-ww2-second-world-war-amazing-dramatic-incredible-pictures-images-phot.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Oberleutnant%20Fronhoefer.jpg
    Oberleutnant%20Fronhoefer.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 164
  • spgl26.jpg
    spgl26.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 163
Hi again guys.

I recently read one of Johannes Steinhoff's books, and he mentions that he adopted a dog while on Sicily.
It must've been a somewhat small dog, since he writes that he put the dog behind the headrest in his 109, when the Luftwaffe started loosing the battle down there, and they had to withdraw.
While on the way, he encountered some enemy aircraft, and promptly forgot all about the poor dog, engaging the enemy and escaping unscathed. Needless to say, the dog was terrified, but otherwise physically okay afterwards. :D
Does any of you know if any photos exist of the man and his dog?

Cheers,

Maria.

From "Aviation Classics" issue 3, "Supermarine Spitfires"

Wg Cdr JE 'Johnnie' Johnson DSO* DFC** (Rank and awards as at the time of this picture) Seen here with his pet Labrador, Sally, at Bazenville Landing Ground, Normandy France, 31 July 1944

The RAF's top scoring pilot flying in Northern Europe, Johnson Retired as an Air Vice Marshall in 1966

JJohnson.jpeg

Hilly Brown - RCAF - in No1 Squadron, 1940.

= Tim

PS - meant a Canadian in the RAF

Attachments

• no 1 3.jpg
    no 1 3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Great pics guys!

BB, I haven't found anthing yet but heres one for ya - Galland witha puppy! Plus 2 more.

Attachments

• heinkel-he-111-04.jpg
    heinkel-he-111-04.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Division_303.jpg
    Division_303.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 151
  • jgdgeschwadergallandhl8.jpg
    jgdgeschwadergallandhl8.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 151
Great pics guys!

BB, I haven't found anthing yet but heres one for ya - Galland witha puppy! Plus 2 more.

Cool pics Njaco, but if you had looked through the thread first, you'd discovered that I posted that colour pic w. Galland, crew and puppy before you. ;)
Thanks for the thought, though - I appreciate it. :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back