What if Adolf Hitler had taken up residence in Neuschwanstein Castle?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Soundbreaker Welch?

Tech Sergeant
Feb 8, 2006
Colorado, USA
Hitler wants a new home.
adolf-1.jpg

He chooses the most beautiful Castle in the world....except perhaps for Snow White's Castle.............

Neuschwanstein-06.jpg

to be blown up by a Grand Slam!

tallboy1.gif

Thats Hitler above.

Photo59_250.jpg

wbspic.jpg

nuernberg.gif

Would we have risked it? Would we have bombed? What was worth more, preserving Neuschwanstein or destroying Hitler?

Would think they wanted him alive so wouldn't likely try to bomb him. whether or not they would bomb the castle, well they did flatten the monastary on mount cassino....

Hitler was worth more to the allies being alive (and leading Germany from one blunder to aanother) than being dead.

I really would have hoped that it would not have been destroyed. It is the most beautiful castle in the world (below is a pick we took flying around it last summer).

Attachments

• Neuschwanstein.JPG
    Neuschwanstein.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,334
The sniper assasination plans(near the Berghoff) for Hitlers death were cancelled for reasons already outlined. So I think the castle would be spared. Very nice BTW.

It's a good thing they didn't bomb it. Like Adler said, the place is absolutely beautiful. If you ever go to Disney in Orlando, you can see a downsized (and varied) model of it. It's the model for the Castle in the Majic Kingdom. Even Walt Disney knew it was beautiful.

That being said, if Hitler had lived there, it would've been bombed out of existence. No two ways about it. The guy atracted 1,000 plane bombing raids like flys to s***.

Nice flying Adler.

Closest I have come to that is watching the film "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang."

:)

Funny thing is, watching that movie gives you the impression the interior of Neuschwanstein Castle is ugly and drab.

I got mixed up. There is no Snow White Castle. Here are Disney castles. They get me mixed up!

Sleeping Beauties Castle Disneyland California
78.castle.jpg

Sleeping Beauty Castle in Hong Kong
hong_kong_disneyland_sleeping_beauty_castle.gif

Cinderellas Castle Disney World Tokyo
Castle_Tokyo_Cinderella.jpg

Cinderella Castle Orlando Florida.
Disney%20Castle.jpg

And then there is another kind of Sleeping Beauty Castle in Paris
disneyland_paris_castle.gif

195416589rgivKe_ph.jpg

neuschwanstein.jpg

I don't tihnk any of the Allied powers would have hesitated for a second. Just look at Dresden or Monte Cassino. If you had the choice between a dead tyrant or a destroyed castle, I doubt many would lose any sleep

I hope to see it some day. I'm glad it's still there.

I believe given reliable intelligence, and a reasonable chance of success, the Castle would have been shattered into dust without a second thought.

How about a paratrooper drop?

The interior would have been wrecked sure and some on the outside, but at least the whole place wouldn't have been flattened.

On second thought, landing troops on that mountain would probably be too hard. And if they landed in the plain, Hitler would have had time to escape. Plus they would have gotten slaughtered trying to climb up that mountain.

How about a paratrooper drop?

The interior would have been wrecked sure and some on the outside, but at least the whole place wouldn't have been flattened.

On second thought, landing troops on that mountain would probably be too hard. And if they landed in the plain, Hitler would have had time to escape. Plus they would have gotten slaughtered trying to climb up that mountain.

To difficult. You have to walk up to the castle from ground level to truely appreciate it. My knees were killing me it was so steep.

Nice flying Adler.

Closest I have come to that is watching the film "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang."

:)

Funny thing is, watching that movie gives you the impression the interior of Neuschwanstein Castle is ugly and drab.

It is, because it was never finished. King Ludwig died before it was finished. He committed suicide or was murdered (its still up in the air) at a nearby lake.

I will have to post some pics from when I toured the Castle. It is still really neat though.

Soundbreaker Welch said:
I got mixed up. There is no Snow White Castle. Here are Disney castles. They get me mixed up!

Sleeping Beauties Castle Disneyland California
78.castle.jpg

Sleeping Beauty Castle in Hong Kong
hong_kong_disneyland_sleeping_beauty_castle.gif

Cinderellas Castle Disney World Tokyo
Castle_Tokyo_Cinderella.jpg

Cinderella Castle Orlando Florida.
Disney%20Castle.jpg

And then there is another kind of Sleeping Beauty Castle in Paris
disneyland_paris_castle.gif

195416589rgivKe_ph.jpg

neuschwanstein.jpg

The difference between Neuschwanstein and all of those is that Neuschwanstein is a real castle. :lol:

Thats right. But the last pic can almost look real, doesn't it?

Actually Adler, I didn't think the interior of Neushwanstein was used in the film. I thought they used a set piece or the inside of some other castle to do the indoor filming. If you have watched the film, is that really the inside of the castle? It's all grey walls inside with no decoration. Was only some of Neuschwanstein decorated before Ludwig died, like his bedroom for instance?

One time I say a documentary about the castle and they showed some of the rooms and it was beautiful. That film is what got me interested in Neuschwanstein. Hope to visit Bavaria someday too.

Some of the rooms are decorated and very elaborate with gold and paintings but only 14 of them were finished and decorated. The rest of the castle is unfinished.

did you know there was at least 1 if not 2 means of escape from underneath the Neuschwanstein castle ? not talking about Linderhof either .........

Chris actually about 25 rooms finished but closed to public view since there is quite a bit of sexual nudity going on

several of us got a sneak and I mean sneak preview of off limits spots in the building back in 198's0. So much of the castle via towers and other blanked off walled rooms have been cosed off for years, they really need to open the whole thing up for the public ~ kids need to be chaparoned due to the adult content of several rooms. A most brilliant piece of engineering

did you know there was at least 1 if not 2 means of escape from underneath the Neuschwanstein castle ? not talking about Linderhof either .........

several of us got a sneak and I mean sneak preview of off limits spots in the building back in 198's0. So much of the castle via towers and other blanked off walled rooms have been cosed off for years, they really need to open the whole thing up for the public. A most brilliant piece of engineering

I have seen what you are talking about.

Have you seen the original elevator that he had built in the 1880s when he was building the castle, that led to and underground tunnel and out of the moutain a safe ways away?

I saw the old plans for that as well as the old plans and old photos of the building of the Marienbrücke. man what an outstanding view I was ready to rock and roll up into the Bayerische Alps over that thing but the wife yelled at me telling me the bus was leaving while I was at the far end doing a pretty good fast pace .......... dang ! Gives me a good reason to return and also for the Bier !!

We drove down there the last time about 2 years ago. Drove straight to the Castle, toured it and then me and the wife drove to Insbruck, Austria and got a hotel and relaxed it up in the beautiful alps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back