A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, it's USS Yorktown CV-5 and at £0.01, there was no time to think, soo...

33gen036-Return-to-Midway_zpsmccn46wv.jpg

Nice !
The problem with those Kagero books with decals, is that they virtually force you to buy kits, so that you can use the decals !
Oh, look! I suddenly have six P-47 kits ...............

no space on the sheet

that was the last Kagero book I worked on before I decided it just wasn't worth the hassle any more ! Ordinarily none of the Kagero authors can actually write in proper English!

Aaah....cheers mate!
Really?

Nice ones Jan, these two came today. One is on Terry's favorite subject :)

Ooooh! He'll want to know what it's like, for sure!!

Great scores guys!

Are you serious FE?! Which books did you do?

Aye, do tell!!

That Marseille book looks interesting Paul, some pics of some pages would be nice......please! :D

Particularly, if his '13' is in there, which he apparently flew, or is it just a myth...?

Guys I am going to have to get the old scanner out. Try these :) Jan I found no pictures of any 13's in the book. Most if not all are 14's though I did see one 5.

Attachments

• 1 (1).JPG
    1 (1).JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 1 (2).JPG
    1 (2).JPG
    69 KB · Views: 61
  • Scan_Pic0007.jpg
    Scan_Pic0007.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Scan_Pic0008.jpg
    Scan_Pic0008.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
H-JM's aircraft, from Kitchens and Beaman's book.

hjmaircraft_zps03bc210e.gif

It's about as definitive as we have as of the present time.

Cheers

Steve

I may need to be corrected on this(and usually are) but I think I posted in Jan's "13" thread that Marseilles did fly a 13 and crash landed it. The book I have is by Franz Kurowski, printed 1994. I know nothing of the author or his reliability. I'll go through the book again to see if I can find it.

Geo

EDIT: I've found the book and the date coincides with aircraft number 8 on Steve's list. The author states is was numbered "Yellow 13" but no other info is given about the aircraft. Another aircraft ran out of fuel while they were heading to a new base on the same flight. If needed or wanted, I'll type out the portion of the book dealing with this incident.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back