Lancaster Event August 2014 England (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again Graham. The EK Lanc has come a long, long way since I was last on board her, back in 1991, and I'd love to see her get a CoA.

Looks like no cheap flights from Ireland, so I'll have to miss the 3 together at East Kirkby (damn).
Rechecked Tracker's post though, and the two will fly over Portrush (NI) for the Air Show on Sep 7! Now THAT I can manage! :D

Thanks guys for posting the info!

Looks like no cheap flights from Ireland, so I'll have to miss the 3 together at East Kirkby (damn).
Rechecked Tracker's post though, and the two will fly over Portrush (NI) for the Air Show on Sep 7! Now THAT I can manage! :D

Thanks guys for posting the info!

damn shame you cannot get over here my friend, one day i hope !

Yep, apparently it was on e-bay at £20,000 to fly to the UK as part of the crew. That would cover a substantial amount of the actual costs to get the Lanc to the UK and back, so a good way of at least partly financing the trip.

Be nice to have that kind of dosh..!

Hope to see you too Karl someday - planning on getting there next year for one of the big airshows.

Nobby -- you are correct. The East Kirby runway is too short approx. 4000(+-) feet. So they will be trying create a visual as you have stated.
Catch 22 --you are correct as well but their seat will not be in the cockpit, but they will be allowed to walk around once they have reached cruiseing altitude.

Karl, Mick and myself have booked for the Little Gransden airshow, where both Lancs will be attending, as well as a fly past by the Vulcan, so three Avro 'greats' in one day!
We're mulling over trying to get to East Kirkby the following day, although it's a bind as it's mainly back roads, but EK still haven't published the Canadian Lanc being there.
But, seeing them both at LG will be good enough - just hoping the weather stays good enough for them to fly.

The latest list of venues can be found at the link below. The East Kirkby event, with three Lancs, is already sold out - what a surprise - although I haven't seen it on their web site.
Good news is it will be at Teesside, the former Middleton St. George RCAF airfield, where Mynarski flew from, and Karl will be there.
We're also going to see both Lancs at Little Gransden, on August Bank Holiday weekend.
www.warplane.com/lancaster-2014-uk-tour

i sure will, Durham tees valley airport, formally RAF Middleton st George is my local airport and is about 5 miles from my house as the Lancaster fly's !

so by hook or by crook i will be there on the 28th

DSC_0339.JPG

Lancaster VR-A from Hamilton, Canada is ready to depart for England on Monday 4 Aug 2014 at 1000 hrs (GMT-5). Will post departure pictures in the Monday PM. To my UK colleagues it will be only 4 days until you witness a great event. Please post pictures, so those of us less fortunate can live this experience vicariously through your posts.

Great stuff ! And yes, given things go according to plan (cunning or standard vesrsion!) I'll be posting pics from Little Gransden, and possibly a couple of en-route shots, as the north-south 'low level' transit route, for air shows in the north west, passes almost over my house.

Todays departure was delayed due to #2 engine flooding and other minor problems with this engine. By the time it was rectified, they were close to their 3pm departure window and there were strong thunderstorms in the area at that time, so to error on the side of safety, the craft will depart on tomorrow at 10 am EDT. There was the proper pomp and circumstance before the failure as shown in the attached pictures. Tomorrow will be more subdued.

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back