"The Mighty Eight" Teaser footage (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Found this:

Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg confirm the production of a 10 hour HBO series on the Mighty Eighth Air Force. Look inside the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force in Pooler and behind the military history are countless stories of bravery, courage, and a brotherhood that runs through their veins.
And now the entire country will experience them as well. The HBO series will highlight the Mighty 8th Air Force and its crucial role in World War Two. It's reportedly going to be the most expensive production in the history of television costing 500 million dollars. It's based on a book written by Don Miller who did research at the National Museum of the Mighty 8th Air Force. Much of the filming will take place in Germany and England, but a fair amount is planned here. Museum President and CEO Henry Skipper is thrilled with the recognition.
War Articles
Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg confirm the production of a 10 hour HBO series on the Mighty Eighth Air Force. Look inside the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force in Pooler and behind the military history are countless stories of bravery, courage, and a brotherhood that runs through their veins.
And now the entire country will experience them as well. The HBO series will highlight the Mighty 8th Air Force and its crucial role in World War Two. It's reportedly going to be the most expensive production in the history of television costing 500 million dollars. It's based on a book written by Don Miller who did research at the National Museum of the Mighty 8th Air Force. Much of the filming will take place in Germany and England, but a fair amount is planned here. Museum President and CEO Henry Skipper is thrilled with the recognition.

"It gives us an opportunity to showcase everything we have, and bring the world to Savannah to see what goes on here. And also tell the story behind the scenes, so to speak, of the Air Force after the movie comes out," says Skipper.
Tom Hanks production team arrives in October. The Mighty Eighth was the greatest air armada the world had ever seen. Out of its 350-thousand members, 26,000 were killed in action. And 28 thousand became prisoners of war.

Well I enjoyed Band of Brothers and The Pacific, so I'm guessing that I will enjoy this one as well. Thanks for spreading the word. Any ideas when it is due for release?

It lost me at the mid air collision with the two Forts flying piggyback. Hoping he rest is much better.

It lost me at the mid air collision with the two Forts flying piggyback. Hoping he rest is much better.
Believe it or not, that actually happened!

On a mission from England, on 31 December 1944, two B-17s collided and got locked together during intense flak and Luftwaffe attack while returning from a run on Hamburg's refineries and U-Boat facilities.

A number of both crews survived bailing out after the pilots tried everything to dislodge the two aircraft, all the while going to superhuman strength to keep them level. The two B-17s eventually crashed at Tettens, near Wilhelmshaven.

You can read more about it here: Bizarre B-17 collision over the North Sea

Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction...

Last edited:
I'll reserve overall judgement until after I've seen the series. But if that bl**dy awful CGI, is anything to go by, with B-17's that look like poorly made, inaccurate models, crew surviving without oxygen, and terrible sound effects, then I have a feeling what my judgement might be ............

Inaccuracies aside, I can't wait to see this when it comes onto our screens.

Beats anything else that's on the TV in my house lol

Inaccuracies aside, I can't wait to see this when it comes onto our screens.

Beats anything else that's on the TV in my house lol

The only thing on my TV is about twenty feet of land fill !
Got rid of it years ago, when the 'On/Off' switch packed up. Wasn't going to buy another TV (cheaper than a repair) just to watch endless soaps, reality shows, football and other cr@p !

Terry that's actually quite cool lol.

No, in my house if it's not bloody kids programmes it's the missus watching the soaps.
The one good thing is that it drives me to build models.

Will defo watch this though.

Heck, I remember that!
Had to sit through all the kiddies programmes - except 'Teletubbies'! My youngest daughter (now 20) thought it was 'silly!' - even then, at the age of about three!
Oh, I'll certainly watch "Mighty 8th", but I'm just hoping the aerial 'footage', and the scenes inside the aircraft, are better than the rubbish shown in the trailer. There's no excuse for such poor rendition of the aircraft, or any inaccuaracies, with so much relatively simple technology around, and at least 3 airworthy B-17s, plus statics, and a wealth of historical information.
I'm very surprised that terrible clip has been released, considering the quality of work, in all areas, that went into Band of Brothers. Heck, even traditional model photography would be better than that awful stuff - I've seen better in the old 'Commando' comics of the 1960's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back