1/72 Akagi Nakajima Kate (Pearl Harbour) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

panzergeneral

Recruit
May 6, 2008
Hi Guys, i just complete my first fighter plane model, a Akagi Nakajima Kate.

This is the Akagi Nakajima Kate command plane piloted by Captain shigeharu Murata on the first wave attack on pearl harbour.

Plane Tail number AI-311.

Please give me your views on it. Thanks.

DSC00140.jpg

I don't think the Nakajima B5N was a fighter. more of a torpedo/bomber plane.

but nice model there!

Yes, sorry it is a torpedo bomber, it carries a long lance torpedo.

I intend to add japanese maintenance crews(white overalls)around it with oil drums nearby and such. wait for more of my updated photos. :)

Nice panzergeneral....unfortunately hasegawa have got the Comand markings wrong, which you would not be aware of....

Lieutenant Commander Shigeru Murata was a Hikotaicho or Group commander for a simple term, he commanded the Overall first wave Torpedo attack force and lead the Akagi and Kaga Kates on their torpedo runs at Pearl harbor his own target was the USS West Virginia, which he hit with the first strike against battleship row just before 8am December 7th.

As a Hikotaicho his aircraft was actually marked with 3 Command stripes all in yellow....as noted below.

Image kindly supplied to me by Sidney Eduardo Maneto from Brazil for a PH project i have been working on.

Attachments

• Kate3.gif
    Kate3.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 375
Hi Wayne Little, i did indeed hear from other sources online that Murata's Kate indeed have 3 yellow command stripes, but Hasegawa supplied only the red band markings.

I think i can easily rectified that as i have extra yellow stripe decals that is for a Zero fighter from Akagi,for that zero, it is supposed to have 3 yellow markings on the tail(Itaya), i built the zero for another division, so i can easily use those extra yellow stripes decals for the kate.

Anyway, the model looks good.More pics would be appreciated.:D
Nice work Panzergeneral.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back