Lokheed PV-1 Ventura Minicraft 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
This is a model I picked up used for $2 at a garage sale. The box had water damage so I wasn't counting on the decals, but surprisingly they were alright. The plastic was a bright blue color and that scared me at first remembering the kits of my youth, but it turned out to be a nicely molded though simple model. There wasn't much of an interior but it is sufficient for what can be seen through the windows. I really like the color scheme and hope to do a B-25H with the 75mm cannon in the same colors at some point.

PV.jpg
P5091922.JPG
P5091923.JPG
P5091924.JPG
P5091925.JPG
P5091928.JPG
P5091930.JPG
P5091931.JPG
P5091933.JPG
P5091934.JPG

Last edited:
Nice one Glenn! I recently got the same kit, advertised as 1/48th scale, to convert to a RAF Ventura. When it arrived, and I saw it was 1/72nd I was not amused! Gave it to Evan in the end!

Not anymore Andy. I wanted one for the Bombers Build, but it's discontinued in both PV-1 and Ventura (RAF) versions.

Very, very nice. Strange markings, having the stars-and-bars twice on each fuselage side, I wonder what that was about?

Excellent!! Is there a PV-1 kit in 1/48?

I believe Fonderie Miniatures do one... :shock:

Thanks everyone! :D
Very, very nice. Strange markings, having the stars-and-bars twice on each fuselage side, I wonder what that was about?

I followed the decal option in the kit. I did a quick search just now that didn't turn up a picture of one with both markings, but did find this one which seems to show that the one on the nose was removed or painted over. Maybe the the aircraft used for the decal option hadn't had the nose one taken off yet.

pv-1 rs.jpg
pv-1 cu.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back