Miniature aircraft models (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Velius

Airman 1st Class
Sep 4, 2007
Central Texas
Hello everyone,

A while ago someone posted a thread about where you could find 21st century toys. On that thread I had a question that I want to make into a new thread. I was wondering- does anyone know where to find miniature aircraft models?

I'm not familiar with scale sizes but I'm looking for aircraft not much bigger than a large coin.

These are webcam pics of what I have and what I'm looking for size-wise...

Thanks8)

Attachments

• Me-262Quarter.jpg
    Me-262Quarter.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 558
  • Me-262rearveiw.jpg
    Me-262rearveiw.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 302
  • Me-262front-rightprofile.jpg
    Me-262front-rightprofile.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,017
  • A6Mright-reiwveiw.jpg
    A6Mright-reiwveiw.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 767
  • KI-840Quarter.jpg
    KI-840Quarter.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 786
ghq models makes metal 1/285 aircraft models and there's many more. small scale is my so-called specialty....pm me and i can try to give you more info

Revell (Germany) do a number of kits in this size (can't remember the scale exactly) -I think they go by the name 'Revell mini kits', some of which come as a boxed set of 3 different aircraft. Most subjects seem to be modern aircraft, mostly American types, and are prepainted. You just need to 'snap' them together.

ghq models makes metal 1/285 aircraft models and there's many more. small scale is my so-called specialty....pm me and i can try to give you more info

Do you have any information about 1/432 size? I'm trying to find some of the older "cruver" or similar models, for non-US countries. It's tough to find them...

Revell (Germany) do a number of kits in this size (can't remember the scale exactly) -I think they go by the name 'Revell mini kits', some of which come as a boxed set of 3 different aircraft. Most subjects seem to be modern aircraft, mostly American types, and are prepainted. You just need to 'snap' them together.

I remember seeing these. I saw a lot of them at a hobby store while I was on a small vacation....but go figure- I can't find them in my town :rolleyes: . I'll just have to look around for these some more- they're out there somewhere!

I got your PM courgar.

For the most part I'm trying to find most of the WWII planes you could find in the 1:72 scale (I believe this is the more common scale for models), but smaller. I'd collect the larger models but I'm kinda short on space at the moment.

You should be able to get the Revell kits through the net, Velius. If not, let me know what you're after and I can try and get them for you in Hungary.

I need to look on-line more I get some free time- between work and school I don't get much usually :| . Spring break is comming up though and this'll be the perfect time! Thanks for your help!

i bet you lot didn't know a few years back that 'KINDER' the makers of the choco' egg with the toy inside did miniature planes :shock: , they did a spitfire,hurricane,109,110,mustang,blenheim,mitchell,kittyhawk and a russain fighter 8) all came painted with a little decal sheet, with a bit of patience they looked good.

ian.

I had/have an idea of trying to model mini aircraft out of wood from a WWII aircraft spotter playing card deck I have that have 3-veiw drawings of aircraft. They seem 'bout the right size too.

No worries mate, I can only use the net at work myself (you will notice long absences when we're really busy). Just say the word if you need anything, and I'll see what I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back