Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Miniature aircraft models

Post Thanks / Like

Miniature aircraft models

Hello everyone,

A while ago someone posted a thread about where you could find 21st century toys. On that thread I had a question that I want to make into a new thread. I was wondering- does anyone know where to find miniature aircraft models?

I'm not familiar with scale sizes but I'm looking for aircraft not much bigger than a large coin.

These are webcam pics of what I have and what I'm looking for size-wise...

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -262quarter.jpg   -262rearveiw.jpg  

-262front-rightprofile.jpg   -a6mright-reiwveiw.jpg  

-ki-840quarter.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    ghq models makes metal 1/285 aircraft models and there's many more. small scale is my so-called specialty....pm me and i can try to give you more info

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, small but interesting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Revell (Germany) do a number of kits in this size (can't remember the scale exactly) -I think they go by the name 'Revell mini kits', some of which come as a boxed set of 3 different aircraft. Most subjects seem to be modern aircraft, mostly American types, and are prepainted. You just need to 'snap' them together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar32d View Post
    ghq models makes metal 1/285 aircraft models and there's many more. small scale is my so-called specialty....pm me and i can try to give you more info
    Do you have any information about 1/432 size? I'm trying to find some of the older "cruver" or similar models, for non-US countries. It's tough to find them...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Revell (Germany) do a number of kits in this size (can't remember the scale exactly) -I think they go by the name 'Revell mini kits', some of which come as a boxed set of 3 different aircraft. Most subjects seem to be modern aircraft, mostly American types, and are prepainted. You just need to 'snap' them together.
    I remember seeing these. I saw a lot of them at a hobby store while I was on a small vacation....but go figure- I can't find them in my town . I'll just have to look around for these some more- they're out there somewhere!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Little View Post
    Interesting, small but interesting...
    oh, and sorry the pics are a little hazy Webcam shots

Post Thanks / Like
    are you looking for any specific aircraft? just sent you a pm regarding the subj.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got your PM courgar.

For the most part I'm trying to find most of the WWII planes you could find in the 1:72 scale (I believe this is the more common scale for models), but smaller. I'd collect the larger models but I'm kinda short on space at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be able to get the Revell kits through the net, Velius. If not, let me know what you're after and I can try and get them for you in Hungary.

Post Thanks / Like
    drop me a line, ive got 1/350 scale f4u's,f4f wildcats,f6f hellcats, helldivers,b-25's and a bunch of modern jets, i could send you a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    You should be able to get the Revell kits through the net, Velius. If not, let me know what you're after and I can try and get them for you in Hungary.
    I need to look on-line more I get some free time- between work and school I don't get much usually . Spring break is comming up though and this'll be the perfect time! Thanks for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

i bet you lot didn't know a few years back that 'KINDER' the makers of the choco' egg with the toy inside did miniature planes , they did a spitfire,hurricane,109,110,mustang,blenheim,mitche ll,kittyhawk and a russain fighter all came painted with a little decal sheet, with a bit of patience they looked good.

ian.
    Me likey this forum, full of nice humans

Post Thanks / Like
    I had/have an idea of trying to model mini aircraft out of wood from a WWII aircraft spotter playing card deck I have that have 3-veiw drawings of aircraft. They seem 'bout the right size too.

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries mate, I can only use the net at work myself (you will notice long absences when we're really busy). Just say the word if you need anything, and I'll see what I can do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast