Monogram 1/48 Heinkel 111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Picked up this kit back in March and have been plucking away on it since then. Since I finished the B-17 I had some time to finish this one as well. Being retired is wonderful. Took some creative licence and did her up as I wanted but clearly a night bomber and the markings are for a ship of 8/KG55.

The question is now, do I start another project or wait for the next group build?

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Next GB starts Aug 1, winter Eastern front, WWII, Allied or Axis........... You wanna wait That long????

MY method is to work on two planes at the one time. This way, as stuff is setting up on one, you can go on to the other and keep your paws Off the one setting up so it don't get buggard up!

Or......... between now and the satart... research and gather. You sure don't wanna wait till it starts for all this.

Just sayin.

Decisions, decisions......Your Tony isn't done yet is it?

I agree with Bill. Think of a subject and get your planning done ahead.

Must have me confused with someone else....I don't have a Tony except for my Italian brother-in-law.

Ordered some decals for the Revell/Monogram B-25J I had in the stash and may get a start on her later today. Went with some Kits World Hanover Street decals, Marvellous Miriam will be the finish.

Cheers,

Jeff

Ah, 'Hanover Street'. I was near Bovingdon when they were making the movie - great to see a formation of b-25's taking off !

Very nice scheme Jeff. I agree with Bill. I've usually got two going at one time but the PBY is taking up my bench and more for this build. Next GB...Polikarpov I-16 in captured Finnish markings if I can find Finnish markings in my stash.

Geo

Great model. Unusual paint scheme. I like those kinds of schemes. How did you mask for the lighter color?

Overall grey coat of paint, sticky tac ( or similar ) into various shapes and sizes and then stuck them to the aircraft and then a spray of overall black and removed the sticky tac.

Cheers,

Jeff

That paint scheme looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back