Post models that aren't yours !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree Matt - especially about the Elsan toilet ! On the rare occasions it was used, the s**t would have frozen anyway !
I did get the impression that parts of the fuselage were going to be transparent, although that didn't seem to be the case in the pics of the finished model. If not transparent, then 90% of that detail will not be seen.

I didn't pick up on the transparency part, but thought they were going to be pull off sections to view details. Either way, that is really over the top!

Might be over the top to me or you Matt but something else is floating that guys boat and he does some damn good miniturizing.I like to build and make something that is presentable to the eye.Oh yea I get that urge to go do something extra but it's not a constant thing.Now the Graf Spee I am doing is something a little different everything you do on a ship presents itself to the viewer and I am really enjoying it.It seems that each assembly is a model within itself and it is easy to walk away from and quit till later,I like that.

From this years Euro Militaire: photos from Euro Militaire, 2010 The FW 190/Mistel is actually on the current cover of Military In Scale but I love the wrecked Gigant.

Attachments

• euro2010a%20(129).jpg
    euro2010a%20(129).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 109
  • euro2010a%20(141).jpg
    euro2010a%20(141).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 110
I agree. They're both excellent, but the Mistel loses something by the angle and being a little cluttered.

Your right. It is a MOST FANTASTIC build that rivals the Gigant, but it has been painted into a corner. Logistically, how the hell would they ever get that airplane combination out of the corner of the hanger?!?!

Just needed to add main gear dolleys I guess. :rolleyes:

But what a wonderful set up to get lost in otherwise. :cool:

I've got a whole stack of photos from the SMW (IPMS) show in Telford, claimed to be the largest model show in the world. To clarify, the photos are all mine, but obviously the work is of far great masters than myself; way outside my league.

I'll post the best in the coming days and weeks, but starting with the overall winner of 'best in show' ...

Attachments

• P1000693 - 800 wide.JPG
    P1000693 - 800 wide.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 84
  • P1000695 - 800 wide.JPG
    P1000695 - 800 wide.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back