Revell 1/48 P-38 Lightning "Marge" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maglar

Tech Sergeant
Jan 29, 2009
Florida
Ok guys, the build is over yay! Everything buffed out smooth after all the chaos.. my only obvious mishap would be the cockpit and the fog, but lets say thats some moisture from the air.. :rolleyes: [Will be buying canopy glue asap]
Let me know what you think, it was a lot of fun and gave many options.

Attachments

• PICT0368.JPG
    PICT0368.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 189
  • PICT0369.JPG
    PICT0369.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 180
  • PICT0371.JPG
    PICT0371.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 182
  • PICT0372.JPG
    PICT0372.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 173
  • PICT0373.JPG
    PICT0373.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 175
very nice Marge!

though why didn't you add the trim on the nose?

Ah treb, I saw it on the thing but the decals were up and I was like whatever lol! I am so ready to go back to single engine planes..

Hail "Kelly" Johnson!! Nice build... I've been tempted by the revellogram model, but I'm going with the Academy one that's on my waiting_to_be_build stash... I recomend buying the vaccuform canopy from squadron, and don't use CA for transparencies, or you'll keep getting "the fog".

Right, I don't know why I jumped with CA, I used liquid cement on my last one and it worked perfect. But as the saying goes, once you get on CA you never get off :D. The revell was alright, lots of gaps, but some revells are very nice like the P-51D i'm building. [Heard the Academy kit is a rough one too, Goodluck]

If you dip the canopy in 'Future', it should prevent the fogging from CA glues; it's the fumes that do the most damage. However, it's best to use 'Kristal Klear' or white glue, which will dry clear, and avoid the fogging problem.
The fit on the Revell/Monogram kit is due to the age of the moulds. When new, these kits were perfect.
The Academy kit of the P38 is really very, very good, far superior to the Revell/Monogram, which is to be expected, with current mould-tool production techniques. I built it recently, without problems of fit. Just a tiny amount of filler was required in the usual area - the tail boom joint, which aligned beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back