Prince of Wales flies (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

May 13, 2024

Prince William flew off in a helicopter after he was made leader of an Army unit by King Charles in Hampshire today. His Majesty was spotted arriving at the Army Aviation Centre in Middle Wallop, Hampshire, where he officially handed over the role of Colonel-in-Chief to the Prince of Wales. Report by Louise Kennedy.

He first gained a commission in the British Army after attending the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in early 2006. After training with both the Army and RAF, as well as the Royal Navy, he formally transferred his commission to the RAF in January 2009, where he flew helicopters in a RAF Search & Rescue unit until the end of his active duty in 2013.

Last edited:
A bit disappointing i must say. I though we where talking about the real one.

1715858940733.png

Last edited:
Harry could fly it. Imagine that.

Shouldn't the title be "Prince William flies IN helicopter after becoming Colonel in Chief of the Army Air Corps"? If I am not mistaken he is in the gunner's seat.

Both the pilot's seat and gunner's seat are equipped with flight controls, as they both are for basic armament controls.

Naturally, the pilot's flight controls are more-complete than the gunner's and vice versa for the weapons controls.

And I'm sure William could fly the Apache if needed - some refresher training would be advisable, of course - I question whether his flying permits are up-to-date. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back