1/48 Ju88A-4 - Mediterranean Theatre of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks great Wayne! Can I ask you... do you have a particular method for masking circular windows?

Haven't come across too many round windows during my builds till the Bv222 John, I chose to look through a bunch of Eduard masks till I found a couple of sets of completely random sheets that contained plenty of circular masks and grabbed them for the Bv222 and any future builds, used one already on the Ju88!
2 of them were for Helicopters and a He219 all 1/72. sure saves on cutting circles that's for sure...:D

And Terry the Yellow/Amber is what I will run with, i'm sure guttorm said it was used quite a bit.

and for Andy :D some first paint....to get things moving forward, and the area ahead of the tail is a re-sanded area where i picked up on some seam work that needed some assistance to disappear.

Attachments

• 61_Tail painted_1427.jpg
    61_Tail painted_1427.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 73
  • 62_Paint on Tail_1428.jpg
    62_Paint on Tail_1428.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 63_Wing paint_1431.jpg
    63_Wing paint_1431.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 75
Excellent paint work per usual! I occasionally run into a need for a custom circle mask and have never found a good way to do it.

Nice work Wayne, and thanks for confirming the amber colour on the lamps.

John, for circle masks, use either a compass cutter or, for circles smaller than can be made with a cutter, various sizes of paper punch, or leather punch sets, can be used to punch out of masking tape or adhesive labels. Also, many sizes of circular self-adhesive 'price tag' labels, or those 'spots' used on wall charts, are available through retail stationary stores, which can be quite useful.
For very small circular masking, then a liquid mask or PVA is probably the answer.

Cheers Guys,

still going on the Brown 79 camo, yet again ambushed a couple of times with work so haven't reached my goal.
I hope tomorrow I can make some time and get the brown done as next challenge is the green and white stripes on the upper surfaces...have laid out a portion of the pattern with some green pastel lightly applied to help the process.

Some pics....as I said started to layout the pattern of green/white with some light application of green pastel on the tail and starboard wing

i also got some more Brown done but only stayed in the shed for an hour using up one lot of paint in the cup to cover most of the fuselage and port wing....it was friggin 40C in the shed and it wasn't even 11am yet!

Attachments

• 64_pastel pattern_1443.jpg
    64_pastel pattern_1443.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 65_Pastel pattern_1444.jpg
    65_Pastel pattern_1444.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 66_port wing 79_1448.jpg
    66_port wing 79_1448.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 63
tried some of the white today and just couldn't get it to go down how I wanted, means extra work to get the result I want so I am doubtful I will meet the deadline...I know its still 12 days away but I will lose this coming weekend going to Melbourne too so that won't help....will see how the process goes time wise...

A time extension for the GB can be needed as usually. No problemo for me. That would be pitty if you couldn't finish the model on time, Wayne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back