1/48 Me 410A-1/U-2 Dietrich Puttfarken - Me/FW Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Missed your little trip notice Andy and by now your back, so I hope it was a good one. Did you get time to have a little look round and a little bit more crowded than your home town I bet.

I am indeed back and am happy to report that nary a rumble emananted from my inards at any time! Got to the hotel room in Delhi at 3am local time Sunday and got up again at 5:30am to drive down to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday were mostly business meetings but Wednesday afternoon we made it over to the Central Cottage Industries emporium in Delhi to do a bit of shopping and site seeing.

I'll post a few pics in my "weekend" thread when I get them sorted.

Progress on my 410 went backwards today. I moved it to my woodworking bench to work on my 109. Later in the day, my wife goes into the workshop to get something, leans over the model, catches it somehow and knocks the thing down onto the concrete floor. Damage report: Broken wheel strut, crushed drop tank frame, broken tail wheel, plus gear doors, engine bearer and spinner broke free but remained intact. The blackmen will be busy to get this machine serviceable again!

Thankfully, the damage is reparable and could have been much worse. Propeller blades, antennae, and the tiny mass balances all stayed put, which is quite amazing actually

Attachments

• 120211 1.jpg
    120211 1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 120211 2.jpg
    120211 2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 120211 3.jpg
    120211 3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 129
Mistake my A@* :) It was her way of saying V-day is coming and I need some attention ;)

Hey Andy what kind of wood work you like?I have got one of my bosses wanting me to build him some cabinets which I think I am not ready quite yet me thinks.

Last edited:
Well guys, it is indeed sad but I don't get freaked out when stuff like this happens. All in a day's work.

Kevin, my wife felt awful about it and, if you know her, she is not one to make a big deal of V-day. I do woodworking not so much as a hobby but for practical needs. I do most home repairs involving carpentry and have also made two kid's beds, built-in shelving in the rec room and a shed for the yard.

Yikes Andy, could have been a lot worse and I can believe how upset the missus would have been. But as you say, no point in being upset you can't turn the clock back. Hope the repairs go okay.

Yeah, the worst part will be redoing all that framing on that drop tank. It was a PITA the first time! Amazed that the tank did not wipe out the mass balance and FuG101 antenna right beside it.

At least it's repairable. My wife did that to a 112 squadron P-40 and hid the evidence my tossing it in the trash. All I found was a prop that had bounced under a desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back