1/72 Handley Page Halifax B.III 'Friday the 13th' No.158 Sqn RAF, Lissett, UK

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

109ROAMING

2nd Lieutenant
May 25, 2008
New Zealand
Definately need a Halifax in this GB so heres my last entry

First name: Daniel
Category: 3
Scale: 1:72
Manufacturer: Airfix
Model Type: B.III Handley Page Halifax

Gonna make a start shortly , building alongside the Belle

Looking to do that boxart justice 8)

Attachments

• IMG_1661.JPG
    IMG_1661.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
At last, a Hallibag! Great choice Daniel, and still a pretty good kit after more than forty odd years. Just one thing though, 158 Sqn weren't based at Elvington. The aircraft 'Friday the 13th' was with the Squadron when they were at Lissett. The museum at Elvington, a former Halifax base, is where the current 'Friady' is based , built from genuine fuselage and other sections of a Halifax, with Hastings wings and other bits and pieces. Have a look at the web-site Karl posted, as there's an internal 360 degree tour of the Halifax which is not only brilliant to see, but very useful for internal details.

Cheers guys

I also have that issue of Flypast which focused on the Halifax Daniel, it has some great interior shots if your interested?

That'd be great mate , wouldn't say no to some pics

nice choice Daniel, Elvington is only an hour away from me and is now the yorkshire air museum was there last year i'll see what pics of the Halifax i have, though i think it was only a replica.

here's their website
Yorkshire Air Museum

Cheers mate , lucky sod I might add too! nearest Halifax to me is 36-7 hours flying time + a sh!t load of $$$

Just one thing though, 158 Sqn weren't based at Elvington. The aircraft 'Friday the 13th' was with the Squadron when they were at Lissett. .

That doesn't surprise me actually mate , airfix are pretty f*cked

some progress for the day
( tailplanes etc together , wings together , cockpit started , bombay doors cut out)

Attachments

• IMG_1697.jpg
    IMG_1697.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 319
Nice work so far Daniel. Are you opening up the bomb bays in the wings too? BTW, I think I spotted a stamp on the box tying-in the model to the Yorkshire Air Museum, so that's probably why Airfix say Elvington based, meaning the one there now.

Cheers guys , agree on that too Terry , there was a stamp on the box - idiots

Excellent choice Daniel, goin whole hog with this Build man....

I fixed ur thread title and stuck it....

Cheers mate :thumbleft:

Didnt realise the H2S radar bulge was moulded as part of the fueslage!

Ya so are the bombay doors which surprised me , came off easily enough tho

Are you opening up the bomb bays in the wings too?

Proberly not , don't know if you know but the airfix kit doesn't come with any bombs so to make it easier for myself Il just stick with the main bombay ( only found out it had the wing bombays' in the wing like the Stirling yesterday) This way Il only have to make a few bombs and do abit less cutting

Just gotta finish up my brother's christmas pressie and Il be ripping into 'Belle' and 'Friday'

Last night's bit on 'Friday' was just on abita downtime while waiting for paint to dry

( my first 1/32 kit , and its quite a treat)

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 218

Users who are viewing this thread

Back