1/72 Savoia-Marchetti S.55X - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got my fingers crossed for you Jim, maybe if you also enclosed a bacon pizza it would also help!
b0227.gif

Thanks Guys!

And wouldn't you know it, one of the Italian request got the following answer the next day! Problem is I don't know what it says! Anyone?

Buongiorno

non mi sembra che in archivio vi siano foto che sta cercando tuttavia è in corso una ricerca.
Ha provato all'ufficio storico oppure al Centro produzione adudivisivi dell'Aeronautica?'
saluti

Well Google says this:

good Morning

I do not think there are photos in the archive that is looking for, however, is an ongoing research.
He tried the historic center or the central office production adudivisivi Air? '
greetings

Anyone have an E-mail address for "historic center or the central office production adudivisivi Air"?

While I haven't acted on Mike's information YET, I have found the website associated with "historic center or the central office production adudivisivi Air"…

http://www.aeronautica.difesa.it/Pagine/default.aspx

…and I received and immediate response…

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 10:19 AM
To: Nicoletti, James
Subject: Re: Savoia Marchetti S.55 X

Grazie per la Sua e-mail; risponderemo quanto prima possibile.

-Thanks for your e-mail we will back on-line a.s.a.p.

--
SMA 5 REPARTO <[email protected]>

…so I wait.

I don't think Charles would approve... :lol:

Anyway, I sent a couple of e-mail to the NYC Italian Consulate. We'll see what happens. Maybe time to sub in a different kit for this group build... My Consolidated Coronado maybe.

I take it Jim you are waiting for some internal details. If so, i hope it works out.

Is there anything else that can be done whilst you wait...floats, engines, wings, that kinda thing?

Actually the interior I have or can guess at, what I need is an overall paint scheme when in military service and what defensive armament it carried. A confirmation of if it had rear covered turrets and such. I will re-email the conglomerate that eventually swallowed Savoia-Marchetti tomorrow then I'm done...

I received the following this morning from m1c Renato Bottiglia - Air Force Staff - Rome

Egregio Sig. Nicoletti,

in riferimento alla Sua e.mail datata 01/07/2014
La informo che questo Ufficio Generale per la Comunicazione
necessita conoscere l'utilizzo che Lei intende fare delle
immagini che eventualmente verranno concesse.

Distinti Saluti.

...which translates to...

Dear Mr. Nicoletti,

in reference to your e-mail dated 01/07/2014
Please be advised this Office General for Communications
needs to know that you intend to make use of
images that may be granted.

With best regards.

Sounds promising. Will fire off something back ASAP. Stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back