"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

On the flip side drones, rather than opposing MLRS or tube artillery, seem to be the main worry for Ukrainian artillery crews.
NATO needs to learning from this, as our future adversaries are as well. Imagine the invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq or NATO's move into former Yugoslavia if the enemy had tens of thousands of FPV suicide drones.

The USMC certainly are. At one point they were going to train my son to pilot drones. USMC uses them both offensively and defensively. They're paying close attention to what's going on in the war.
If I was Iran or the PRC and hoping to one day smoke a USN CVN, I'd be going all in with the development of drone swarms. I sometimes wonder if Britain made a mistake on spending its limited defence budget on the Queen Elizabeth class CVs and instead should have procure three or more additional Astute class SSNs. When the PRC moves on Taiwan, its below the surface where AUKUS will find its greatest survival and success.

The U.S. Fleet Could Lose Four Aircraft Carriers Defending Taiwan

"While the carriers were getting blasted by Chinese missiles, the Navy's nuclear-powered attack submarines and the U.S. Air Force's heavy bombers not only were dodging Chinese attacks for the most part, they also were managing to sink more than enough Chinese ships to win the war."

Back to Ukraine, I'd love to see the UAF field a trio of SSKs. Postwar we can definitely expect Ukraine to re-establish its SSK capabilities. Here's a WW2 British submarine being transported on a train. Let's do the same for Ukraine today. I know we discussed this earlier, sigh.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back