Beatrice Schilling's innovation...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh I know, I somehow thought it was smaller. But from my very limited knowledge of fluids flowing down pipelines, it is far more complicated than just the size of the hole.
Yes. There is a specific profile, similar to usual fuel jets. The problems with the float carb and negative-G are fairly involved. Have a read of the Merlin Carb story linked in reply #4.
Cheers

Eng

Yes. There is a specific profile, similar to usual fuel jets. The problems with the float carb and negative-G are fairly involved. Have a read of the Merlin Carb story linked in reply #4.
Cheers

Eng
Oh, before I get on to float carbs and jets there is all that stuff about viscosity, boundary effects, venturi effects..... the supposedly simple concept of a liquid passing through a hole is a complete nightmare. That's why people like Ms Shilling are remembered, it is a much more complex problem than it seems at first sight.

Oh, before I get on to float carbs and jets there is all that stuff about viscosity, boundary effects, venturi effects..... the supposedly simple concept of a liquid passing through a hole is a complete nightmare. That's why people like Ms Shilling are remembered, it is a much more complex problem than it seems at first sight.
The worst thing is that she is (currently) ONLY remembered for this development, wheras she had already developed a carburettor which was totally immune negative g years before.

Her most famous invention was only needed because the R.A.E. pressure carburettor was left gathering dust on a shelf. Its a national disgrace (in my view).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back