Carrier operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DKoch

Recruit
Oct 2, 2023
Hi, new here. I am looking for manuals on "carrier operations", basically a training manual on how to takeoff and land on a WW2 carrier. I have found some stuff on youtube but nothing in print. I have searched this site, but found nothing, maybe someone knows where to look? For example, this picture below, may be from some training manual because I have not found this picture in any Hellcat manual.
Thanks,
DKoch

Attachments

• US_Navy_aircraft_carrier_landing_in_WWII_diagram.jpg
    US_Navy_aircraft_carrier_landing_in_WWII_diagram.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 21
The new thread tittle was typed. For some reason it wasn't updated while creating the thread. Renamed.

That particular site (and many others that have the ~same screen format) are fake sites. They are phishing sites that use robots to capture the search words you use and then mirror them in a result so that you think you have found what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody. I guess it is really something hard to find, if it exists at all.

The drawing in the first post is from a 1980s (?) issue of The Hook, quarterly journal of the Tailhook Association. If you like aircraft carriers, you'll love The Hook.
Otherwise:
There's lots of online info, depends on how the search is phrased. Here's a handful:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLtUONU4pc

(Shameless hype if permitted: I addressed the subject in my centennial history of CVs, "On Wave and Wing.")

Hi, new here. I am looking for manuals on "carrier operations", basically a training manual on how to takeoff and land on a WW2 carrier. I have found some stuff on youtube but nothing in print. I have searched this site, but found nothing, maybe someone knows where to look? For example, this picture below, may be from some training manual because I have not found this picture in any Hellcat manual.
Thanks,
DKoch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back