<-- **** DONE: 1:48 A-20G Havoc - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Did the pre-shading and Neutral Grey tonight.

P1282359.JPG
P1282361.JPG

Top side pre-shading and OD. I'm very happy with how the pre-shading worked out. In the photos the OD looks very yellow but that's just the lighting, I used Model Master OD straight from the bottle and the color looks fine in real life. Next step is masking and painting the dark green along the edges of the wings and tail.

P1292363.JPG
P1292364.JPG
P1292365.JPG
P1292366.JPG

Finished the last of three very stressful decaling sessions last night. THESE DECALS SUCK !!! The decals that came with the kit were very fragile and several ripped wile sliding off the paper not to mention a white substance (glue?) that came off them making my decal water look like egg drop soup. The left side star & bar completely disintegrated but I thought to myself "that's OK I have the second decal sheet I bought so I could put the name on both sides". WRONG! The first one completely designated too as well as the second one. Now I was getting nervous as there were only two left and I could see one of them was messed up, but I managed the third one with only a small piece breaking off which I pieced back on.
Now for the second "Little Joe". This one HAD to be made to work so of course it broke up into about 8 parts. I pieced it together as best I could but it will need some touch up painting.
After that I was too worn out to take pictures so I'll take and post them tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back