**** DONE: 1/48 EC Tiger ARH - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry about that Charles, I've been blown off my pedestal the last few days with a nasty chest and head cold. But your right, we call them clothes pegs and you clothes pins, we peg the washing out, you pin it.

Sorry about that Charles, I've been blown off my pedestal the last few days with a nasty chest and head cold. But your right, we call them clothes pegs and you clothes pins, we peg the washing out, you pin it.
I thought it was a drop bear.
Now I'm confused; Is vegemite behind the ears good for colds also?

Many thanks Wojtek.

I thought it was a drop bear.
Now I'm confused; Is vegemite behind the ears good for colds also?

Paul, not so mate, use Tiger Balm for that. Vegemite thickly spread on hot toast with lashings of butter gives you all the vitamins you need, 'C', 'E', 'D' and so on, all the stuff you need to keep colds a bay. I love it, much better than Marmite……………………………..but I still get colds!!!!!
b0227.gif

Last edited:
Managed to get back into the hanger today. Finished off the Tiger nose and the set about masking the canopy, a nice relaxing pass time…………….like heck. Not sure if I'm going to spray the bird with the canopy fitted or to keep it separate.

120701-1A.jpg

120701-1B.jpg

120701-1C.jpg

120701-1D.jpg

Also did a bit of decaling on the Sea King but I'm still asking myself why I bothered. The decal were extremely small and there colour (low profile) was lost on the aircraft grey. I also had to keep heating up the decal water on this cold day otherwise they took ages to separate from the backing paper.

BTW lads..............................................I had Vegemite for breakfast.
b0227.gif

Glad to see you made it back to the HANGAR matey.
I don't know of a cure for the Vegemite in the morning tho.....

Good work. Could you put a candle under the water dish? Nah, it would then boil... forget I said anything.

That's looking great Vic - going to be a sod to spray, with or without the canopy, with all those angles, nooks and crannies. I can sympathise about the low-vis decals - I found the same thing with the Tornado, with around 100 small, pink, stencils etc, mostly disappearing against the grey paint.

Thanks folks and have had some progress but nothing worth reporting.

Harry, good to hear from you, I know you've been up to your neck in it of late, hope all is working out for you and the family.

Looking forward to the progress.

Thanks Jerry and believe it or not, here is the latest.

The Aussie armament I require for this Tiger is not included in the kit so a bit more scratch building is in order. The machine carries the Hellfire II missile from a missile rack and 70mm rocket from rocket pods on the outboard stations.

The missile rack is scratch built and the missiles have been modified from a couple dug out of the scrap box.

120702-1B.jpg

120702-1A.jpg

These rocket pods which still require some work to fill the gaps and hide the padding between the aluminium tubes.

120702-1C.jpg

120702-1D.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back