**** DONE: 1/48 Fairey Gannet AS.1 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One would hope so my friend, until I get the finished pics taken at least!! It does have quite sturdy pegs though are well housed.

Thank Karl.

I would have thought that the wings would have provided the extra weight to keep her on her feet, you have my condolences!

I think the wings would tip it backwards, or have it hovering. The real kite sits relatively nose high anyway, and the CoG is going to be fairly well aft. Pity about filling the nose wheel bay, but it's either that, or glue it to a display base. Either way, any underside detail would be hard to see. Personally, for detail areas, especially wheel bays and similar, if the area can't be seen, then I don't detail it.

Your going to have to stuff the same exact weight as the real plane in that thing to make it a non- tail sitter. I was highly agitated when I read it tail sat :( almost like it was one of my builds! It hurt that much :( I hope you get it resolved asap and everything turns out great, she was looking mighty fine before the event:)

You could stick a toothpick up its bum and use it to prop the rear end up......?
just sayin.

Are you cycic or something, these machines have a landing hook that is usually dropped to the deck when the aircraft is stowed. An emergency bum lifter which I'm holding in reserve.

Thanks for your thoughts and wishes guy's. Glad to report I've got the wings on today, was a bit fiddly and they still need some attention. It was too late in the day to take pics, the strong afternoon sun streaming in the window plays havoc with the camera settings so I'll take pics tomorrow.

BTW, it's not a tail sitter…………………………….just though I still have the landing hook to attach.

Thanks again for your support guy, I'm happy to say she is all but done, just need to touch up a couple of places, get a nice satin spray on it then I can undress the forward canopy and add the three sliding canopies, one of which I think will be a bitch to do as it sits under the fold. Then we will be done.

Here is the first round of pics.

121006-1A.jpg

121006-1B.jpg

121006-1C.jpg

121006-1D.jpg

121006-1E.jpg

Since taking the pics I've had to replace the aerial as the first one snapped as soon as my back was turned, so now it has a slightly stronger one on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back