**** DONE: 1/48 Ju88G-6 of 3/NJG 101 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A snag. I have only some of the decals I need for this build, despite the fact that I'm building a scheme represented by the kit Here's the kit sheet:

16022401.jpg

Problem 1 - no swastikas which I didn't think would be an issue as I thought I had plenty of spares. The thing is, the ones I need are quite large for 1/48 - 12mm across - and I don't have them.

Problem 2 - bad research by CyberHobby in that the large crosses for the wing undersides are wrong. I need the plain black simplified style.

I'm going to need to think this thru - no time to order a sheet and get the build done by the deadline so I might mask and paint them. The lower wing crosses won't be a problem as these are easy but the swastikas will be tricky.

In the meantime, I got the fuselage decals on, which behaved reasonably well.

16022402.jpg

Thanks for checking in. Will advise my plan but nothing will happen for a couple of days again as I'm busy with other stuff going on.

Andy... I have a some lower wing crosses and tail swastikas in black that would probably fit. These are left overs from the Ministry of Small Aircraft Production decals for the Ju88G that I used for my build. Oldish and not the thinnest but they are serviceable and I can send them out in the mail by Friday. Message me your address and they are yours.

IMG_0860_zpshqmlkhie.jpg

IMG_0859_zpsivuvnefl.jpg

Good stuff John. I was going to offer as i think I probably have some in one of my Heinkel kits, but it could take more than ten days for them to get there.

It'slooking good with the decals so far Andy.

No problemo Andy... I'll try to get them out by today, tomorrow at the latest. You could cut out a square from a post-it and stick it in place of the swastika if you didn't want to wait.

The decals are being sent out today Andy. I expect it to take at least a few days to reach you... early next week ETA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back