**** DONE: 1/48 Ta-152 W Nr.110007 Sorau,Germany 1945 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
User Name: Kevin Morgan
Category: Intermediate
Entry: Dragon Ta-152 1/48
Kit:plastic and supplied PE OOB

I picked this up today at the LHS thinking this might work for me as an entry into the GB.I have been working on the 1/72 version of this kit by the same manufacture as a diversion from the Spit.I only hope that the moulds here are better than what I have been dealing with in 1/72??I might go before the end of this for a more colorful version if that is OK with the judges over the supplied decals atleast the 1/72 did have some nice colors in it.Pics...........The first pic is the 1/72

Attachments

• ME FW Group Build 005 (800 x 600).jpg
    ME FW Group Build 005 (800 x 600).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 269
  • ME FW Group Build 004 (800 x 600).jpg
    ME FW Group Build 004 (800 x 600).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 289
  • ME FW Group Build 006 (800 x 600).jpg
    ME FW Group Build 006 (800 x 600).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 286
Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see you in the build Kevin! Great choice too...

(btw, the problems with the 1:72 kit - usual dragon fit problems? I have same kit in waiting....)

Great to see you in the build Kevin! Great choice too...

(btw, the problems with the 1:72 kit - usual dragon fit problems? I have same kit in waiting....)

Yeah pretty much.The front cowl was moulded to thin so had gaps on the cowl flaps then had to cut and and use stryene.The wing casting is to thin so you install .030 stryene along the trailing edge by the ailerons it seemed to help also keeps the trailing edge fit from dropping to far in the wing.You might have to look at the kit to catch my drift.The front enginel ass.fit is terrible(kit was designed for open cowls for engine) again to thin.And this kit was a diversion from the spit suppose to be easy might should of grabbed the 110 with resin/PE :dontknow: Hope that helps Evan.

I will get started in the next week or so.I have taken an interest in the Re-205 from an old GB along with the 1/72 152 but the desk will clear I hope by next W/E.

Looking forward to this Kevin as I have this kit in my stash. The Ta 152 C may have seen very brief service with JG301 if that's what you're think of for a more colourful scheme. EagleCals makes a speculative decal scheme for this I believe.

I have been working much on the Ta-152 today leaving the 205 alone.I think I see what you were talking about Wayne was it the cutting of the nose pieces and fabbing the others on?I have the pit painted and actually in the fuse ATM with the wings attached(I will have those pics tomorrow).The first pic shows L/S of fuse with new engine cowl and R/S untouched.The second pic is the R/S cut off and new piece that will be joined on.The last pic shows the pit it is OOB the only thing I added were the boot straps which no one will see when buttoned up but Hey!I really do not care for PE seat belts I do better making them out of foil or stiff tissue.The one's supplied were just to thick for me in this case at least the lap belts were hard to comform.I do want to mention the instructions show the wing spar pushed up against a main spar in between the WW's but at the same time going into location pins 3/8" further back!!Move it forward to the spar that way the pistons that lock the gear can lock into the wing spar.Other wise all is going good with the build and fit wings snug well against the fuse ;)

Attachments

• ME FW Group Build 007_edited (700 x 759).jpg
    ME FW Group Build 007_edited (700 x 759).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 229
  • ME FW Group Build 008_edited (700 x 696).jpg
    ME FW Group Build 008_edited (700 x 696).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 211
  • ME FW Group Build 012_edited (700 x 665).jpg
    ME FW Group Build 012_edited (700 x 665).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread