**** DONE: 1/72 Lancaster Mk.III - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

geez, nice paint job....I missed this build. How did you apply the green camoflage pattern to the base colour. It looks so sharp and crisp. Is it brushed on, or did you spay....which means, very careful masking.

Cut paper to the shape of the pattern.......... a little blue tac around the edges, so it doesn't sit dead flat so the edges are a bit fuzzy, and spray away!.

***I added the photo for you.
BTW, I enlarge the instruction top view to size and use a scalpel to cut the pattern out for the wings to the fuselage, tail as well, then fold a piece of paper over the fuselage and pencil the pattern to meet the wing patterns, cut and add them to the plane.

Attachments

• masks.jpg
    masks.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I thought I better update so you don't start thinking I've buggard off.
Just a few thingies that hang off it missing, and the glass framing painting.
Windows were the sh!ts!!!!! to say the least!
Decals are on!

Attachments

• 18 Lanc 2.jpg
    18 Lanc 2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 18 Lanc 1.jpg
    18 Lanc 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 65
Ohhhhhh, I dunno. At the time the masks were a nightmare........... but alas, I have to go back to them.

****Oh, I forgot to mention....... so much for the bl00dy flame shields for the exhaust!
They need to be installed, In Place of the exhaust stack...... not With....
So the exhausts stay uncovered! Blast.

Last edited:
That Tamiya tape is the best masking material I have found.
Press it on tight, and then use a sharp pencil to go around the edges. Makes it easier to tell where to cut.

It's looking great Bill. Maybe use the painted 'Sellotape' for the canopy and turret frames?

I have tried that and it works sorta okay on straights, but the curvy bits it gets an F. Vic kindly sent me some mat silver alum sheet to try and I just can't get the paint to keep from chipping off when I remove the backing. It's all driving me up the proverbial wall. So it's back to a masking sheet which should be here right quick.everything else I am happy with.

Charles, good to see you back online...... How's you feeling mate?

Thanks Paul, Igor.

Anyone notice the Four bombs marks?
They never returned from their fifth mission.

Working a bit on the Blenheim today.

Masking is done, and I have a hangover.

****And.... I wich I had some Crystal Clear, this liquid mask sucks!

Attachments

• 18 Lanc 19.jpg
    18 Lanc 19.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Turned out okay..... but I did them with a brush, and they are not transparent over the earth color, so much darker.

But now.............................. what in blazes do you do when you've broken the barrels off the nose?????????????????

Bl00dy Sh!t.......................... and I used resin barrels! to boot! I am just gutted. I've got no replacements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back