Done : Bf109G-6 Yellow 9 of JG54 Gruppe Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I get that crap with my enamel primer rattle-cans, very frustrating and scars a look of anything. Not too big for suggestions but I havent gotten it with acrylic paints in my few months of use.. Keep going though!

Sorry for the late reply Dan, the forum has been down here.
Use a very fine wet and dry paper, and use it wet. Rub down lightly. It should remove the 'gritty' effect, and leave the surface smooth. You might even get away without having to re-spray, but if not, then give a very light misting only. Check the thinning ratio - if it's acrylics, then Wayne is right, it's drying as it hits the surface = needs more thinner, but just a touch. If it's enamels, it's too close or too thick. Try backing-off a bit first, or, if required, just thin the paint a touch more, and practice spray onto some scrap - the wall, your car.......just kidding!
I have a feeling it's too close though, as this can cause bubbles in the paint as it hits the surface, which then dry as 'pebbles'.

Thanks for the reply Terry... I am using enamels, model master to be exact.... I thought my mixture was good, and the distance at which I was spraying was correct... I did some pre-testing on scrap and no probs there....

I think it could have been that I didnt wait for the previous coat to dry before hitting it again, or I got too close... I will try what u recommended, thin it out alittle more after I wet sand it down to get rid of the pebbles....

Well, I finally got some time to myself and threw some paint down... Got the fuselage done, now onto the wings....

Attachments

• camo01.jpg
    camo01.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 53
  • camo02.jpg
    camo02.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 55
Thanks fellas....

The problems Ive had with this whore has made me decide to never build another 1/48th.... The damn Model Master paint scheme got me again.... Even tho the RLM74 looked darker than the the RLM75, when I sprayed it on and then started the RLM75, it was reversed, just like they did when I painted my Dora....

So I had to go over the damn thing with RLM76 again and start from the beginning....

Grrrr........

I sat there with my head down cussing, pissed off that Im fu*kin with this damn tiny tot when I could be workin on my Corsair....

Hard parts done tho, and Im pretty happy with the results.... Got it pretty frickin close camo-wise to the profile Wayne supplied.... I honestly dont know if Im gonna make the cutoff date, but I'll give it a shot....

Excellent Dan. Take it easy, and it'll not only be ready for the end of the GB, it'll have flown three ops and scored two kills! At least in the smaller scale, the finishing won't take as long. (I keep telling myself that, but it never seems to happen!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back