**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Heinkel He-51 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What scale is the floor ?
Love the Heinkel.

:) I will be glad to get both done Terry.The last visit at the Doc I had a bad case of bursitis of the elbow on the same arm and they drained a syringe the size of or pinky full now 8 days later it filled back up.The RN said if it continues they will have go in and fix that ! The hand and the shoulder are doing really good now another frigg'en joint to contend with but I read it's easy like the wrist .

I feel for you Kevin - woke up today with both my wrists swollen and stiff, and quite painful. Can only just operate my computer mouse, but can't hold a paint brush or airbrush, so no progress on my Bf110 today !
Hope you get some long-term relief soon.

Yep it Sucks.Get the heating pad out or warm water Terry ;)

Love the color and markings. SWMBO wanted about 900 sq.ft. of hardwood laid down. I hired someone, went to camp, came back a week later to a job well done and a happy woman

I have been working but quite slowly lost some mojo alittle came back this evening.The exhaust have been installed,canopy frame painted and I made the attachments for wing antenna.The wing antenna attachments in the kit had no attachment points,wrong shape and to tall me :dontknow:.The other builds esp.1/32 which will be accurate one would think they are thinner and more of a triangle shape.I made an attachment point and partially drilled the wing for the fit just felt I do not need these guys popping off. ;)
gb36 001.JPG

still got to fix that decal more sheez ...I may try a future gloss this is Testors semi my old Badger 150bit the dust after I ran future through last time!I could of sworn cleaned it well but I think an internal seal leaked future to locking nut on the back of the needle the brass Broke.
gb36 002.JPG

x003-0268-Heinkel-51LG.jpg
Thks Guys got the attachments painted about to put the windshield in place but keep thinking about this propeller.I went back and looked at the painting instructions and they show the whole hub painted.I have seen some like that in photos cannot tell the color but the blue would then go about 1' up the prop blade then.The Spanish crates had the back of the blade painted black and I saw one German Sq. with gear like the He123 with back black.The majority of silver 1' out from the hub was floatplanes and the back of the blade is black there also.;)

I think if I was to go by this pic all the nose with part of the propeller and black or black-green on the back you see one prop in there like mine ATTM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back